6: Tigers And Monkeys

Jen's POV
It's Valentine's Day and I'm currently waiting for the kids to get up so we can go out for dinner. It's just me and them.

Usually, or when I was a kid, it'd be Dad and me, and Mom and the boys out alone. So it was always my dad and I together going out for dinner and desert. We always got presents from them too. I brought the kids each a balloon, and we are going to build-a-bear to get something too.

••••
When they wake up, I get them both in clothes, I load the stroller, the diaper bag, and grab coats and shoes for the kids.

I finally get them all ready in about a half an hour. I already put everything in the car, so I pick both of them up and set them in the car.

"Alright, up you go Ry," I say setting him in the car, he walks across and happily makes random noises.

"Mama," Em says.

"What? Baby?" I say buckling her in the car seat.

"We go get bear?" She says excitedly.

"Yeah," I say, "a bear."

"Bear?" Ry says with big eyes.

"Bear, com'n I'll get you in on the other side," I say shutting the door.

"Peek-a-boo," I say opening the other door.

"Ahh!" Ry says laughing. I lift him in his seat and buckle it up.

I pull out of the driveway and make a left onto the street.

"Mama, what we do?" Ry asked.

"We are going out to the mall and dinner," I say changing lanes and turning off my turn signal.

"We go eat?" Em asked.

"Yeah, we are gonna eat," I say.

"Duck, duck," Ry yells at the truck next to us, they both say truck like duck. It's adorable.

We pull in to the mall parking lot and I get the stroller out and loaded then I get Ry and Em, and strap them in the stroller.

"Mommy, out, out," Ry cries out.

"No I can't have you out, you need to stay in," I say shutting the car.

"Out? Out?" Ry cries over and over. I ignore him because I know if I get him out, she will want out too, which starts them running around and me after them. Just a big mess, I don't want.

Luckily, next week we, the kids and I, are flying out to meet the full cast before we film. We spend three days together so we get to know everyone then in May we start filming. May 11, 2011 to be exact.

I walk in to a Freddy's and take a seat. Ry has calm down but still has tear streaks. Em was looking around wide eyed.

I order a hamburger meal and two kids chicken finger meals. I fill a cup up with Lemonade and another with iced tea.

I wait for our order while the kids drink some lemonade.

Finally the food is ready, I set it down on a table booth. I left them both out and set them on the inside of one side of the booths. Then I can contain them to one side.

We all eat saying a few words here and there.

••••
"Alright, I'll let you out if you promise to stay close," I say walking in build-a-bear.

"Ry, you can pick one animal, you too Em," I say setting her down.

"Tiger," Ry says pointing at the little tiger.

"Monkwey," Em says pointing at another.

"Alright, hold this," I say handing them each the an animal.

Ry runs over to the stuffing machine and holds up his tiger.

I laugh and follow him over with Emma at my heels.

"Sorry, Ry, what do you say?" I tell the lady.

"Plwease," he says.

"Aren't you just adorable? I need you to pick out a heart," she says.

"Here buddy," I say handing him one because he can't reach it.

"Alright, can you rub the heart on your arms, to be strong. Your legs to be tall. Your head to be smart. And your heart to love," the lady says.

"Ry your heart is on this side," I say moving his hand.

"Alright one last one, can you kiss the heart and make a wish for it, but don't tell anyone the wish. Then spin three times in a circle," the lady says.

"And can you put the heart in here," she says opening the Tigers back before sewing it up.

She repeats the same with Emma. Then we pick out an outfit and shoes.

Ry gets a leash for his tiger and Em gets a leash for her monkey. I think it's hilarious that we have two leashes for a tiger and monkey.

We finally exit the mall and get in the car. I give each of them their animals and get in the front.

When I turn the corner that leads towards our street, I check in the rear view mirror. I see Em cuddled with her monkey and Ry has his hands lightly clasped around his tiger.

I smile to myself and turn up the radio which I recognize the song as A Thousand Years.

A/n
Thanks so much for all the reads, comments, and Votes!!!

CQ:
Favorite way to spend Valentine's Day?