Chapter 25: Missing You

Start from the beginning

I actually wanted to go back to the medical field as well in the future, perhaps even study further and become a doctor like how I have always wanted. but it will have to be set aside for now; I must concentrate on the task at hand.

I need to find out where the King's missing daughter is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow.

The entire condominium unit I bought a few months back has certainly transformed. I did not notice how empty it was until now, Seymone's artistic gift with dressing up a place really shines here.

The living room, bathroom, kitchen, and even the veranda had become even cozier from the looks of a few additions and fluffier cushions and small succulents and hanging plants.

"This is amazing Sey. Where on earth did you find the time to do this when you are so busy in school?" I hugged her and she looked happy with my praise.

"We had a guest lecturer who was an interior designer and I was just so inspired by her job and how she could convey her feelings with designing homes and studios so I used our home as my thesis project on correlating graphics and interior design into one space. I got a perfect score on it. I am gonna be the Valedictorian!"

"Oh Sey! Congrats! I am so proud of you!"

"Wow. You sound like a mother!"

We both giggled as Sey gave me a tour of the apartment which ended in me using the kitchen to cook her favorite dishes for dinner. Being back with my cousin, having my leg bumped by my dog's tail, and even smelling the smoke of cooked adobo meat somehow made me forget momentarily about him.

Luis made sure that my luggage was placed in the house when I finished cooking. I extended an invitation for him to eat with us and he accepted knowing how my food is delicious.

"It is good to have you back Lady Sarina, I am afraid that I could only order food from restaurants for Miss Seymone while you were away." the lawyer looked mildly satisfied as he took another helping of rice and adobo.

"It is fine. Sey knows where to find good food while I am not around. I am just glad you decided to join us." I smiled as we continued eating.

I noticed that my cousin seems to be getting along with Luis, she seems to like to tease him but the lawyer's cool and mature approach to dealing with her made me laugh. I was relieved because my cousin was still harboring some second thoughts of making his life miserable after I left. Thank goodness they are getting along.....

After Sey went to her room, I immediately invited Luis to the veranda where we sat by the table and I breached the subject of the King's missing daughter to him and asked for his help.

"I know. Leone sent me an email and some of the King's last investigation files from five years ago which might help. " his lips became an enigmatic smile as he lifted an elegant finger to push his glasses up his nose. " It seems like things with you two have progressed rather...fast."

His neutral voice on this made me blush and I wonder if I should explain but then he chuckled in a deep baritone that broke the tenseness of the conversation.

"It seems like everything is unfolding really well. Just as Henry said."

"Wh-What? Henry? What are you saying, Luis? H-He died even before Leone and I could meet." I was bewildered and the lawyer's green eyes twinkled with apparent amusement.

"You are aware that those eyes you inherited from him are not just for show. It gives you a rare ability to see things...events that are from the past right? Well, Henry's mastery of it has progressed to a point where he could see dreams of the future and he told me that if you ever met his beloved nephew, his life and yours will forever be changed." he smiled as if he could not believe it. " The old duke's words seem to be true. You milady are the answer to repairing the rift and darkness that has surrounded the Royal Family. You may count on my help in locating the lost daughter of my King."