DO WHAT U WANT WITH YOUR HAIR

it's honestly really ridiculous when people put down black women with weaves in their hair and make fun of them.

yet, when a black girl wears her natural hair, she is still put down and made fun of and disrespected because her hair isn't long enough, or straight, or it's too long for natural black hair.

what do you want us to do??

you don't want us to wear weaves and you also don't want us to go natural??

black hair is always condemned and people see our hair as unprofessional, exotic, dirty, unkempt, and ugly. our hair is ridiculed and the butt of a racist joke. for centuries, we have been harassed for our hair and that's why some black women get weaves, perms, or wigs (not all).

but, when we wear weaves or wigs, we're harassed even more. some people try to yank it off, or men make comments like what if i'm having sex with her and i pull off her weave/wig and then laugh about it, but they also don't want a woman with nappy hair??

black woman can't do anything to satisfy these people. and you know what, that's okay.

the only person that we should tell us what to do with our hair is ourselves.

not becky, or diane. not kevin, or daniel. even michelle obama shouldn't tell you what to do with your hair. it's YOUR hair, which makes it YOUR decision.

YOU AND ONLY YOU CAN DECIDE WHAT TO DO

if you want to rock brazilian weaves, go ahead. if you want to rock pink braids, go ahead. if you want to rock box braids, go ahead. if you want to rock twists, go ahead. if you want to rock a blue mohawk, go ahead. if you want to rock your natural curls, go ahead. if you want to rock a shaved head, go ahead.

don't let any joke, or the fear of what others will say, or other people's opinions take away what you want to do with your appearance and your life.

fuck them all and do what you want to do.

we can't please everyone and we don't have to please anyone, but ourselves.