10

I woke up two days later, in a bed that wasn't my own. The silk sheets were cold and I was alone in the giant room. My head throbbed behind my eyes and as soon as I tried to lift my head I instantly felt weakened.
"Hello?" I croaked out, nervous as to where I was and who I was with.
I got no answer.

I took the moment of silence to try to look around. I battled through the disorientation and waited for my eyes to adjust to my new sitting position. I was in a king sized four poster bed, elevated on a small platform. On the opposite wall from the bed were floor to ceiling windows, looking out onto the Gotham city skyline, lit up and glittering in front of me. It was dark and I felt even more alone.

My mind was fuzzy and blurry, like looking through a fogged window.
I just knew I was in an unknown bed, and needed to get out. I pushed the covers off me, feeling weaker and weaker with every movement.
I swung my legs over the edge of the bed. I slowly attempted to get to my feet, a part of me not wanting to leave the bed.

I collapsed into a heap on the floor within seconds. I was exhausted.
"Hey, hey, you're alright. You're okay." A familiar raspy voice whispered. I was fading in and out of consciousness, barely noticing a pair of strong arms picking me up off the floor and replacing me back in the bed. I felt the bed dip next to me as he laid on the other side of the bed. He didn't touch me, despite me wanting him to.
"Harley, can you hear me?" The voice asked. I wanted to reply, but I couldn't find the words. I was so tired.
"Mister J? That you?" I asked, my voice becoming quieter.
"Yes, baby." He soothed, playing with my hair.
I leaned into his touch, wishing he was gentle like this all the time.
"You feeling alright?" He asked, his voice sounding a little rougher.
"Mmhm," I nodded. "Just dizzy. And tired." I yawned.
"Harley, you need to rest. Go to sleep." His voice commanded softly.
"Where are we? What day is it?" I suddenly asked, feeling like a lost child.
"You're at my apartment, it's Wednesday. No more talking." He whispered, pulling the covers up over my shoulders.
"Mister J, am I crazy?" I asked.
"We're all crazy, Harley. You're just the same as me." He smiled.

(A/N: HI THIS CHAPTER IS RIDICULOUSLY SHORTER THAN USUAL BUT I JUST NEED TO END IT HERE SO I CAN START A NEW FRESH CHAPTER XO)