12

(A/N: Sorry this update's kinda short - but double update in one day! x)

I tried not to let it get to me - he liked me, at the very least. I knew he did. I knew he was attracted to me, but I wanted to know how he really felt. I wanted to know if I kept him up at night, if I was all he thought about, if I drove him crazy. There was a layer of cool detachment surrounding him, and I would chip away at it until his walls came tumbling down.

I hated that I was so obsessed. I didn't want to annoy him or be too clingy. I didn't want him to get sick of me. I could afford to make a mistake with him.

I broke him out of Arkam, for Christ's sake! There was no way I'd ever be able to show my face there ever again. I'd lost my job, Ans it wasn't like I had any family here. I didn't have any real friends. Losing my job was a nightmare to a workaholic like me.

It hadn't really sunk in that I'd done something so reckless. I was so prim and proper - he had changed me so easily. Maybe he was manipulative, evil, maybe I was doomed.
I didn't care either way.

All I had was him.
A psychopathic, sadistic criminal mastermind who I'd fallen in love with.
I was in way too deep to ever turn back.

I decided it was time to get up and stop moping. The sun was still setting, shreds of golden orange light throwing shards of light over the walls.
I wandered out of the bedroom, past the empty bathroom and into wha I found was a large kitchen and dining room.

I saw Mister J sitting at the dining table, on the phone.
He had changed clothes - now he was in a smart burgundy button up shirt and black dress pants. I wondered if he was going somewhere fancy, or if this was just his normal attire.
I kept myself hidden from view in the hallway. I wanted to know what he was talking about.

"Tony, she's not a cop. She's no danger to us. She's just a girl." He spat, standing up from the table, the chair scraping loudly against the tiled floor. He stood and walked behind the kitchen counter, leaning against it. He pinched the bridge of his nose, clearly frustrated.
I winced at his words. I knew he was talking about me. I didn't want to be 'just a girl'.

"Shut the fuck up!" He suddenly yelled into the phone. "Tony, be real careful with your words right now. She might just be a girl, but to you, and everyone else, she's my girl. You go anywhere near her and I swear to god your wife will never see the light of day ever again. You make sure to tell your boys that Harley's off limits." He growled, hanging up the phone angrily.
I couldn't keep the smile off my face - he called me his girl.
I liked being called his.
I wanted to be owned.

A few strands of his green hair had fallen into his face, but he quickly regained his composure.
I watched him close his eyes, hands leaning against the edge of the marble countertop.
"Harley, I know you're there." He mumbled. My heart jumped to my throat when I knew I was caught.
"I'm sorry Mister J, d-didn't mean to eavesdrop, I promise." I rushed.
He waved a dismissive hand at me, "Come here." He beckoned me.
I took hesitant, shaky steps towards him, unsure if he was going to freak out.
"Are you afraid of me?" He questioned, pale eyes meeting mine.
I gulped. "Sometimes." I admitted, looking down at the tiles.
His hand cupped my cheek lightly, stroking his thumb cross my lips.
"What are you afraid of?" He asked quietly, licking his lips. There was a hint of menace in his voice.
"Getting hurt." I murmured back.
"Good," He said coldly before he slapped me across the face, making the skin burn as I fell to the hard floor.

I didn't say a word, just stared down at my legs below me, hot tears blurring my vision. I was too scared to stand up, I didn't want to cop another slap.
I waited for J to leave, I didn't stand up until I heard the echo of his dress shoes walk out of the room.
"I'm sorry." I whispered.