22

(A/N: SORRY LATE UPDATE; school's been super busy and I start work soon and aGH sorry!!)

"So, why were you about to murder a man tonight, blondie?" Ivy asked me, eyes glittering.
"I've not had the best of days, let's say that," I sighed heavily. "I'm Harley." I smiled at her.
"Well, hi Harley. Now - what did a boy do to you to make you want to do something like that?" Ivy asked.
"How do you know it's about a boy?" I asked defiantly.
Ivy rolled her eyes and looked at me expectantly.
"Fine," I sighed. "Yeah, it's about a guy." I spoke quieter.
"Come on. Let's get a drink." She took my hand again and we walked through Gotham's streets until we came across a dimly lit bar with beer stains on the carpet.

"Okay Harley, tell me about yourself." Ivy smiled, sipping her beer.
"I never know what to say when people ask that. What am I supposed to say?" I laughed.
"Fair enough. What's your real name? No parents are cool enough to name you Harley." She smiled.
"My - my name was Harleen." I winced at the fact that I gave up information so easily.
"Harleen. I know that name. Do I know you? You kinda look familiar." Ivy frowned and squinted at me, taking a sip of her drink.
"Don't think so." I mumbled uncomfortably.
"No, I swear I know you from somewhere. Where do you work? Maybe I've seen you round Gotham sometime." Ivy bit her lip thoughtfully.
"I-I was a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum."
Her eyes grew so wide I thought she was about to have a fit.
"Oh my god! You're Harleen! The good girl psychistrist gone bad!" She grinned mischievously.
"Not so loud." I winced.
"Well, now I know why you were about to kill a man. Being around the Joker all day long would probably drive me crazy, too!" She laughed brashly. I won't lie - her words hurt. I'm such a baby.
"Don't talk about him like that." I mumbled.
"Oh my god. He's really got you sucked in, huh?" She asked, looking a little worried about me.

"So you broke him out? How?" Ivy's eyes were wide in awe.
"I - I just did it. I don't want to talk about it." I turned away from her, taking a gulp of my drink. Don't you dare start spilling your guts.
"Hey, I'm not judging." She smiled gently, patting my hand. There was a spark of nervousness when she touched me, which scared me. I didn't know what that spark meant.

But nonetheless I smiled up at her, thankful she wasn't going to push further.

We talked for the good part of an hour, and afterwards I really felt like I knew Ivy.
I wanted to call her Pamela, just to see how the word felt in my mouth, but something told me that she didn't like the name anymore - she was Ivy now. Just like I was Harley.

"Alright, tell me about this boy, then." Ivy smiled, taking a sip of her fifth drink. I could see her looking at me through drooping eyelids, her hand resting awfully close to mine. I was hyper aware of my proximity to Ivy - her hand was a tiny centimetre away from my fingers; if I moved my hand, we'd be touching.
I hadn't been this nervous around a girl since high school.

I bit my lip, debating with my intoxicated self if I should allow this strange woman in.

I knew I shouldn't have, but I did.

"He's - he's beautiful. I'm so...fascinated by him. We met a while ago...not long ago. He's twisted and obsessive and jealous and possessive but I love him to death." I spoke. I was so frustrated that I was so easily pouring my heart out to this stranger.
I trusted her - her eyes told me that she could keep a secret.

But Ivy was rolling her eyes. "Typical abusive relationship - you're infatuated, and he's an asshole. How often does he hit you?" She asked bluntly.
"E-Excuse me?" I choked out. I admired her straightforwardness - it was a quality I wish I had more of.
"Don't lie to me, babe. I know how girls like you work, because I was you, not too long ago." She grimaced.

"Fine. He hits me." I looked down, eyes stinging with tears.
"You don't deserve that shit. Why do you stay?" Ivy asked as she looked up at me.
"B-Because I love him. Anyway, who the fuck are you? You don't know me." I was losing my temper. I stood up from the bar stool and stomped out of the bar, leaving the red haired girl behind.
"I'm sorry! I don't mean to be out of line. I just don't get it." She followed me out of the bar, skipping to keep up with me.
"You don't have to get it. Just leave me alone." I muttered, turning down the street. I heard her persistent footsteps following me still.
"I'm sorry," she spoke quietly at first. "Hey! Harley! I said I'm sorry!" She spoke louder when I started to walk faster.
I huffed and ignored her, wishing I had somewhere to go.
"Harley, you can't ignore me forever," She grinned. "I'm just going to follow you until you forgive me."

"Well, maybe that's a good thing, because I have nowhere to go." I spoke reluctantly.
She was beaming when she looked up at me. "Let's go." She grinned, taking my hand.

(A/N: I don't really know a lot about Poison Ivy so I'm kinda making her character up as a I go along. Hope you guys liked this chapter x)