47. Wedding Part I

Mulai dari awal

I pick up my flowers and I follow the girls out of the room.

At the door I kneel at the twin's height. "You will walk down first. I want you to stand close to Daddy."

They nod.

The door opens and the girls walk into the room.

Cristina is next to walk down the aisle followed by Violet.

I put my arm in Dad's. "Can you do this?"

He nods. "Yes, but as soon as I get you down there I'm going to need to sit. I know your mother brought me the wheelchair." Dad opens the door and we walk down the aisle.

I look around the room and see a few people with tears in their eyes. I turn my attention back to Ethan.

For a second I look at the ground and I see purple flowers on the chairs with blue ribbons and blue flower petals on the ground.

The aisle

I can't believe they used the colour scheme inside the church. I thought they were going to leave it the way it was.

Mom turns towards me and she has a huge smile on her face. "Love you."

I mouth to her. "I love you too." I climb the three stairs and stand across from my man.

Dad kisses my cheek. "You're a lucky girl. I love you, Lake."

I hug him. "Love you, Daddy." Tears begin to well in my eyes and he places my hand on my face. "None of that today. This day is about Ethan and you."

The priest looks at us. "Who gives the bride to this man?"

Dad looks at him and says. "I do." He drops his hands from my face and he walks over to the wheelchair that's set up for him. He sits.

I turn back to Ethan and smile.

I love this man in front of me. He's going be my whole world alongside the girls and our future kids.

I place my hand on stomach.

I can't wait to have his child growing inside me.

Ethan looks at my hand and then he pulls it away from my stomach. He holds both my hands as the priest says. "We're gathered here today for the ceremony between Laken Santiago and Ethan Miller."

The priest begins to talk and then he says. "Laken, has written her own vows that she would like to read to you."

I look at my sister. "Do you have the vows?"

She shakes her head.

Damn, I left it on the kitchen table.

I take a deep breath as I wrack my brain for what was written on the paper, but nothing comes to mind.

It was perfect.

I look into his eyes. "Ethan, you know I suck at these kinds of things. I had the perfect vows written, but the idiot I am left it on the kitchen counter and now I'm going with flow." The crowd laughs. "I will love you with my whole heart. I will be there when your football team loses, with a bottle of beer and shoulder to cry on. I will give you private shows and I will be the best Mum to our kids. You will always hold my heart, please don't break it."

Ethan has tears in his eyes. He takes his hand out of mine and wipes his face. "That was beautiful. I don't know how to top the vows you gave me. Even you went with the flow."

I turn toward Cristina and I take the wedding ring from her. I place in on his finger. "With this ring I'm showing you how much I love you and that I don't want anyone else. You are my life, Ethan Miller." I slide the rest of the way on.

Ethan pulls the piece of paper out of his pocket. He looks at it. "So, I wrote these vows for you, but they suck in comparison to yours. I have decided that it's best that I talk from the heart instead of a piece of paper." He scrunches it up and throws it across the room.

This is going to be interesting.

"I have been watching you since I was a kid, but I wasn't allowed near you." he looks at Johnny. "When you were nineteen I broke the rule and approached you. We had many dates and spent countless times on the phone to each other, until I took off. I thought that was going to be the only chance I had with you." He looks at the cross with Jesus on it. "Someone thought that our story needed a new start." He drops his hand from me and touches the arm that I shot. "That start was with being shot by a scared mother protecting herself and her girls." He places his hand back in mine. "I would never take back our second chance. It made me realise that my love for you has grown over the years and it never diminished. Every day I look at you and think 'I'm a lucky guy.'

Tears begin to fall down face and I wipe them away.

Ethan turns towards Johnny and he takes the ring from him. He slips it on finger. "With this ring I promise that I will be there when you need me. If you cry I will be there with a shoulder to cry on. I will be here when we're old and wrinkly with great great grandkids." He slides the ring the rest of the way on my finger.

"You may kiss the bride." The priest says.

Ethan pulls me into his arms and he places his lips on mine and I wrap my arms around his neck.

I deepen the kiss and I feel his tongue enter my mouth. I pull away from him.

The priest announces. "I would like to introduce you all to Mr and Mrs Miller."

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

MissDredge

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of Foster Mom.

That is the final update for today. Stay tuned for more tomorrow.