20

At 9am, my phone starts to ring. I climb to my feet and move over to it. I see 'Johnny' flash across the screen.

What does he want?

Gracie looks at me. "Mommy," she points to the toys.

I smile. "I have to talk to Uncle Johnny." I hold the phone up for her.

She goes back to playing with Sophie.

I sit on the stool at the table and I watch the girls.

Me: Hey, bro. Are you back yet?

Johnny: Yes, I just have to go to the office for debriefing on everything that happened on our mission. After that, I'll be at yours.

Me: I don't think you should come here.

Johnny: Why?

I cross my arms and look at the girls.

Me: You put our life in danger, Johnny. Lucky you had someone to help me out.

Johnny: I'm sorry. I didn't know they would leave extra men at the house.

Me: Well they did.

I look around the kitchen and see three cameras, a smoke alarm and an alarm next to the back door.

Me: You need to get rid some of the security stuff. I feel like big Brother is watching me. I laugh. That's right. My big Brother is watching me. I'm glad you don't have any cameras in the bathroom or toilet. If you did that would be over protective.

Johnny: I had those installed in things you wouldn't see.

I scrunch up my nose.

Me: That's disgusting. They had better be out of those rooms at the end of the night.

Johnny laughs. I'm not sick. I prefer you to have privacy in the rooms.

Me: I was thinking of taking the girls out later. Do you know a great place that we can visit?

Johnny: I do. You should watch the sunset over the lake. It's spectacular. Bring warm clothes for the girls.

Me: I will.

Johnny: The place is called Harlow's Passage. I'll send you the coordinates to the place. The girls will have fun there.

Me: Thanks, bro.

Johnny: I have to go the director just walked into the room.

He hangs up the phone.

I place the phone back on the table and I move over to them. I pick up a crayon and I draw on a piece of paper.

Gracie and Sophie scribble on their own pieces of paper. I see circle in there scribbles. There's a knock on the front door.

I leave the girls on the floor and I walk over to the door. I see my sister on the other side with the devil's spawn.

My niece and nephew run into the house and they sit on the floor with the twins.

I look at my sister. "What are you doing here?"

She looks at her kids. "They were driving me crazy at the house. I thought they like to see their Aunt and cousins."

I open the door for her. "You might as well come in since the devil's spawn are."

Her mouth drops. "What?"

I laugh. "You didn't know about the nickname?"

She shakes her head. "That's mean."