25

BANNER by angelanguyenn thank you for the beautiful banner.

I am woken to someone pounding on the front door. Then I hear the twins crying. I climb out of bed and comb my fingers through my hair. I make my way to the twin's room and I open the door to their room. I see them stand and they raise their arms.

It looks like this morning they're not in the mood to climb out of bed.

I lift them up and they walk out the door. The pounding on the door starts up again followed by. "Laken, open the door." I move over to the door and I open it. I see my brother on the other side.

Johnny holds up a box. "I got breakfast."

I take the box from him and slam the door in his face.

You shouldn't have woken me up. I thought carrying the box over to the kitchen. I turn the TV on for the girls and I start to make breakfast for them. I turn the kettle on. I pull a cup out of the cupboard.

Johnny knocks on the door. "Can I please come in, Sis?"

I sigh.

I hope he doesn't wake me up ever again if I open the door.

I yell. "I'm not going to let you in here until you promise me that you won't wake me up again. The girls were letting me have a sleep in."

"I'm sorry."

I walk over to the door and open it. I look at him. "You owe me some sleep, Johnny. Would you be able to dress the twins after breakfast?"

He walks over to the girls. "Sure, I'll have a coffee white, please."

I make the girls toast and jam for breakfast. I pour them a bottle of mile and I take the food to the lounge room.

Johnny and I put them in the high chairs.

I place the food in front of them and they start to eat.

Johnny looks at Sophie. "Hey, princess. Look at what Uncle Johnny brought you." he pulls a teddy out of his pocket. In pink writing on the bear it says Princess." He pulls something else out of his pocket and he gives it to Gracie.

"Thank you." the twins say.

Johnny watches the cartoons with the girls. He turns towards me and says. "Where are the girls going while you're fighting?"

"Cristina's taking them to the park across the road from the place where we're going." I open my handbag and look for my purse. I open it. "Damn, I forgot to get the money for the fight. I'll have to go to the bank on the way."

Johnny moves over to the kitchen. "Where are we going? You keep avoiding answering the question."

I smile. "You will find out soon enough. Where's Ethan?"

Johnny looks at the clock. "He will be here in half an hour. He said he wants to drive."

I look at the twins. "Ethan, will have to follow me. I don't want either of you to know where we're going." I make coffee for Johnny and I.