Chapter Four - Making Him Jealous

Monday morning came around far too fast; back to school already and I was dreading it. The rest of Sunday went so fast after I’d picked my outfit and went to the cinema with Jake. What if people forgot about the girl I was Friday night? I’d go back to being the ‘emo’, the ‘lesbian’, the ‘weird’ kid. I just couldn’t go back to being that invisible and shy girl I was. Okay, its only been four days but I could feel myself becoming happier, I could feel the confidence building up inside me again - I just couldn’t lose it, I couldn’t; it would kill me. 

Turning on the shower I groaned as the hot water pierced my skin. He was right about one thing - I am not a morning person. Letting the water drown all my thoughts and fears away for the day. I stepped out once my hair and body was fresh, clean and smelling of my usual strawberry shower gel and hair products. I loved showers, they don’t only refresh and clean you, there also good for thinking and I really needed to think about the past few days. Okay, when I say ‘the past few days’ I mean Jake. I still couldn’t get him out of my head but after a long time to think in my far too long shower -which I wasn’t ready to step out of- I realized he was my best friend, that’s all he would ever be and as much as it caused my heart to ache, I knew that. 

After finally choosing the outfit I was going to wear to school today, I stared at the girl in my reflection who was becoming more and more recognizable as each day passed. I choose to wear jeans as I wasn’t totally ready to rock my leather shorts or skirts at school yet. However I slipped on my guns and roses tee which I had also adjusted a little, so it showed a little of my belly off, however it looked like It was brought from a shop - I wouldn’t wear anything tacky - I also didn’t look like one of the other sluts unlike them my chest area was covered as the top hung loosely on my shoulders. I finished off by applying some black eye shadow -a smoky effect instead of eyeliner- mascara, foundation, blusher and light red lipstick matching the red on the t-shirt, followed by a red pair of vans on my feet. I had to admit I did look pretty good. 

I walked in the kitchen to find Jake making cereal as usual. Did he ever eat in his own home? I chuckled to myself, I liked the fact he practically lived here - the house was almost empty when he wasn’t around. 

“Do you ever eat at your own house?” I took the bowl off him and began eating the cereal he had just made. “Mm, Thanks” I winked at him before he smiled and my giggles followed.

“Someone’s looking sexy” he winked at me before hugging me from behind and kissing my cheek. As much as people say we act like a couple, were not. He doesn’t like me like that. I know he doesn’t, but why was I wishing he did? No, I shook them thoughts out my head which seemed like the thousandth time since Friday. 

“Uh, I do not” I rolled my eyes but I couldn’t help but smile, did he really think I looked sexy?

“I think people are going to like the new you, well the boys will” he smirked “got the pole?” 

“Ha-ha” sarcasm lingered in my voice once more “I doubt it” I muttered under my breath, frowning a little, ill never be the girl the guys like. 

“You really need some more self confidence you know” he raised his eyebrow, my eye roll followed, obviously. “Come on loser, were going to be late for school.” I put the bowl in the sink before I bumped him in the side with my ass making him move out the way of the door frame so I could go towards the car. 

Hopping in the passengers seat I strapped myself in, pulling down the mirror to check I looked okay, why was I suddenly caring about what I looked like? I questioned myself about something I’d done today again

Suddenly I felt a hand ruffle my hair and Jake chuckle silently behind me “Looks better messy” he winked at me before starting the engine and driving towards the hell hole we call school.