Birthday

Emma POV

I remembered from the first day we met, Ruth told me her birthday was on July 2nd. Today was her birthday. I got up early and tried not to wake her up. I got in my car and went into the little town down the street. I found a floral shop. I got her favorite flowers, which were tulips. I got a birthday card and a special gift for her. I went to Starbucks and got Ruth her favorite drink with two cake pops I knew she loved. I drove home for it to only be 8:ooam when I arrived. Ruth sometimes woke up at 9:oo so I had a chance to set up her surprise. I wrapped her gift and wrote in her card. I grabbed her flowers and put the card in them. I put them on top of her gift and brought it up to her with her Starbucks.

Ruth POV

I heard the door open. I woke up and didn't open my eyes so Emma would think I was still asleep. She was tip-toeing to her closet. I saw her set something done. I could see what it was because my eyes were squinted. I heard her head over to my side of the bed so I closed my eyes. I felt Emma kiss my forehead and rub my cheek with her hand. I opened my eyes slowly and smiled. " Hey Babe " I said grabbing her wrist with my hand. I kissed her hand. " Happy Birthday, princess" . I forgot it was my birthday. " Thank you Baby " I said sitting up opening my arms for one of her hugs that I loved. "I have something's for you " she said heading over towards the closet. " you didn't have to get me anything " I said rubbing my eyes. " I wanted too " she said bring things over to the bed. She handed me a Starbucks cup of coffee and a bag. I saw she got me my favorite cake pops and my favorite coffee. I took of the sip of my coffee and moaned at how good it was. " Thank you " I said putting the cake pops on the dresser. I turned back to see her holding flowers. My favorite flowers to be exact. I loved them. I saw a card in the flowers. I placed the flowers on my lap and opened the card. Emma got up and came and sat next to me. On the card was a Orange is the new black inmates. I opened it and saw a long letter. I started to read it. Tears formed in my eyes. They were tear of happiness and thankfulness. The last sentence got me hard in a good way. " I will love you forever, thank you for being my Alex to my Piper cause I love being your Piper to your Alex " I read out loud. I put the card down and hugged Emma. I never had a such meaningful and beautiful birthday card in my life. " Thank you, I love you so much " I said. Emma kissed  my cheek and said " I love you too baby forever, open you last gift " I wiped my tears and put my flowers on the floor near my dresser. I pulled the box on my lap and opened it. My hands landed on my mouth instinly. " Do you like it ? " Emma asked. I nodded and picked up the ocean blue tight dress. It is was the dress I always loved in the store in town. I saw a little box on the side. I put the dress down and picked up the box. I opened it to find a silver necklace with a heart locket. I popped open a locket to find a picture of me and Emma kissing. " I love it so much " I said kissing Emma. " Here I will put it on." Emma said when I pulled away. I pulled my hair back and turned so my face backed her. She clipped it on me and I loved it. I got up and layed my dress on her chair. I just admired it.

Emma POV

I clipped her necklace on her. It looked perfect on her. She got up and placed her dress on my chair. I went up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I kissed her neck and placed my head on her shoulder. " I can't wait to see you in this tonight " I said. She turned around and looked at me confused. " Tonight we are going some where for your birthday surprise" I said. She smiled and hugged me. I kissed her forehead. I couldn't wait for tonight.