Mistake

Emma POV

" How did you know you were gay ?" Ruth asked sitting on the floor in front of me. " Well " I said moving closer so our knees were touching. " I had a couple of guy friends and girl friends, I always felt weird when I was around to girls like I didn't want to be just friends and when I was around my guy friends, I just felt like I was just hanging with friends and nothing else." I gave a slight smile looking down remembering my ex and how she was one of my friends. How I dated her and she cheated on me. I held back tears and looked up to see Ruth staring at me. " Can I tell you something" Ruth asked. I nodded and looked at her beautiful eyes. " only if you promise to talk to me again " she said putting her pinky out. I smiled and said " yes " grabbing her pinky in mine.

Ruth POV

" Can I tell you something" I said waiting for her answer. She nodded and looked a me directly in the eyes. " only if you promise to talk to me again" I said putting my pinky out. She smiled and grabbed my pinky and said " yes". I paused for a second thinking about how I was going to say this. " well, this might sound weird but after the past 30 minutes I had with you are great. When I am sitting her with you and talking I feel like I know who I am. I do know who I am " I said looking down. " I'm Gay " I said raising my head with a smile. Emma smiled and hugged me. I felt comfort I her arm's which was weird. Was I catching feelings for the girl nextdoor. We released from the hug and Emma's phone rang. She answered it and got up. " Ok" and " I will be home in a minute " I heard her say. My heart dropped a little when she said that. "Oh my god what is happening" I thought. She hung up the phone and looked at me. " I have to go home for dinner but I will text you later " Emma said. I nodded and smiled. She walked out of my room and left me there missing her.

-4 hours later-

" Mom, can I tell you something " I said walking into the kitchen . " What is it sweetie " she said drying her hands from doing the dishes. " Well, me and Mark broke up " I said stalling but it was true that I broke up with my boyfriend. " Ohh hunny I am sorry" she said coming in for a hug. I pulled away to say quickly " Mom it's because I like girls " . She backed away and looked at me dumb founded. " What" She said her voice getting stronger. " I said I like girls " I said rasing my voice. " I am Gay Mom "  I said holding back tears. " NO DAUGHTER OF MINE WILL BE GAY, YOU WILL NOT STAY IN THIS HOUSE ANY LONGER " she said. The tears came down my face. I ran upstairs and grabbed my suitcase. I threw my clothes in it with my laptop and chargers. I texted Emma real quick to meet me outside. I ran outside and went to her house. She was just opening her door. I ran to her and jugged her tightly. She didn't even say anything.

-5 minutes later-

" Let's go inside " she said picking up my suitcase. I nodded and grabbed her hand not caring what anyone thought.

We went up to her room and closed the door. I sat on her bed and looked at the floor. Emma sat next to me. I turned my body away and laid down so my head was on her lap. She played with my hair not talking. Breaking the silence she said " Will you tell me what happened ? " . I took a deep breath. " I told my mom I was Gay and she kicked me out and disowned me " I said starting to cry again.

Emma POV

I was laying on my bed when I got a text from Ruth. " Meet me outside now hurry please " it said. I got off my bed quick and ran downstairs to open the door to see Ruth crying and running to me. She hugged me. I didn't ask , I just let her stand there in my arms.

-5 minutes later-

" Let's go inside" I said picking up her suitcase. She nodded and grabbed my hand . I gave me chills but in a very good way. I know I just moved her but this girl has become my friend and I hope it would become more.  We went up to my room and closed the door. she sat on my bed and put her head down. I put her suitcase near my closet. I sat next to her. She turned her body away from me only to lay down so her head was on my lap. I smiled a bit and started to play with her hair not talking. " Will you tell me what happened?" I said breaking the silence. I heard her take a deep breath. She finally said " I told my mom I was Gay and she kicked me out and disowned me" she said starting to cry again . I pulled her up to sit on my lap. She cuddled up to me and cried. " Shhhh" I said trying to comfort her. " Em " she said. I looked at her only to have her lips pushed against mine.