13: Handle With Care

Damon had given Katherine to Silas as if she were a simple piece of cake. Silas fed from her, making him become human, and a witch, once again. It was annoying seeing him flaunt around, snapping his fingers and admiring the magic that appeared. He didn't admire, but he did seem to be a bit surprised when the magic appeared. He would then look at me and say, "I'm a natural at magic, sweetheart." He would study me, arms on his waists and eyes scanning from the top of my heat to my feet.

   "Stop," I said, pulling my jacket closer to me and crossing my arms.

   Silas let out a chuckle. "It's not like I haven't seen it all, Clara." He straightened himself and grinned, looking over at the big boarding house that stood in front of us. "Isn't this home, Clara?"

   I shrugged my shoulders as a response. "I don't know," I said, glancing over at the boarding house. It had been a few days since I last stepped foot in that house, and it felt strange. The last time I was in the house was the morning where Elena and I spoke about love over coffee. 

   "You said it was," Silas said, raising a brow with the same grin on his lips. "Well, you didn't say it. I saw it on your mind."

   "Get out of my head," I said with a sigh, rubbing my temples with the tips of my fingers. 

   "Now, why would I do that?" he asked, the grin lowering into a smirk. He closed into me, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "It's so fun and riveting, seeing and hearing how much you hate yourself."

   "Stop," I hummed, glancing away from him and pulling away from his touch. It was different, filled with distaste and a slight itch. Silas' touch felt like the taste of black licorice, disgusting and weird. But, then thing was, that I allowed him to touch me. I wanted him to touch me, just so I could forget the disgusted feeling I felt inside of me.

   Silas chuckled. "Ah, there it is," he hummed. "That self-hate that is so wonderfully playing in your head like a record player." He grabbed my arm and began to pull me to the door, a full-on wide grin on his face. He burst through the front door with the grin widening a bit. "Greetings!" he called. As he entered the room, he pulled back the curtains with his magic. "Good morning, frenemies!" He stopped and looked at his work, then to Damon and Elena on the couch. "Ah. You know, I'm only a few hours into my old life as a witch, but somehow, the sun feels warmer." He walked to the window, letting the sun hit his face. "Probably because I'm not cursed with having to outlive it anymore."

   "What's with the home invasion, Silas?" Damon asked. 

   Silas turned to him. "Well, Damon, after two thousand years of a miserable existence, I finally get to die."

   There was a thought in my head, floating around every single time I took a glance at Silas. I could bite him, drink from him, become mortal and live as a human. And, if I died, then I died. But, the thought of drinking from Silas and becoming mortal played in my head. The problem was that if I tried, he wouldn't hesitate to kill me. I wanted to die, but there was a part of me that was so desperately terrified of death.

   "We all know that Tessa was a real vengeful bitch," Silas said. He glanced at Elena. "Your doppelganger, Amara died at her hands, but today, after two thousand years, Amara and I will finally reunite."

   Damon stood from the couch. "Alright, skip the mushy part. Look. My girl here is just trying to have a good day, and there are promises that she's expecting you to keep."

   "Oh, you don't think that I keep my promises?" Silas asked, a playful smile around his lips.

   "No," I mumbled, crossing my arms.