Chapter Fifty-nine - "Love of my Life."

Start from the beginning

Quickly, I shifted my body, pulling my hands from behind my head, wrapping them around her back and rolling her beneath me. 

I then pressed my chest against hers, her skin as soft as rose petals as my fingers slid up her forearm and into her palm. 

My other arm slightly propping me up to keep from crushing her, I leaned my forehead onto hers, my eyes watching her lips

"How do you make me so certain when I'm nothing but lost and confused? How do you make me so happy when the whole world is so full of sadness?"

Demi smiled, her breath quickening as she became flustered.

"I do that?" She asked, grinning.

"You do." I pushed my fingers into hers, pulling my forehead away so that I could look down into her eyes. "Demi, I don't want to be with anyone but you for the rest of my life."

Her free hand came up behind my head, the look in her eyes suddenly changing. Then, in what seemed like slow motion, she pulled me nearer, and placed her lips at my ear.

"Then be with me," she whispered, ever so slowly. Instantly, I was turned on, as this was not the response I had been expecting out of her. I turned to look her in the eyes again, and saw in her face that she was absolutely certain of what she wanted. 

"Dem," I began, my male instincts already ridiculing me for what I was about to say, "I'm, um.., I don't know if we should-,"

"Joe," she smiled, her hand still in my hair. "I want to."

There was no doubt in my mind that Demi could feel the pressure that was growing against her hipbone because of the things she was saying to me. 

"Believe me," I said, glancing down at the layers of clothing between us, "I want to, too. But-"

"But what?"

God, kill me now for what I'm about to say.

"I think we should wait."

Her hand came around my head, down my neck, and onto my bare chest as she took in and released a slow breath. I then watched her eyes roam around my abdomen, my biceps, and then finally, back into my own as she spoke.

"Okay, so what, like five . . . ten minutes?" Immediately I erupted into laughter and rolled off of her; onto my back. 

"You're incredible," I managed to say through each chuckle, only calming down when Demi had sat upright on top of me.

"You're the love of my life, Joe," she said with a large smile. "If you want to wait, we'll wait." 

I held her hips then, and instantly we were both facing each other; both smiling.

"I'm sorry if that disappoints," I muttered, squeezing her hand.

"Nah, it only proves that you're once again the tease."

I could say it all day, but that woman would still never truly know just how madly in love with her I was.

-----

JJDL