The Crew

CHAPTER 1

The beat was loud as usual, alcohol was pouring rain, and smokes were freely moving on thin air like it has its own life, making the whole scenery foggy mashing with rainbow color lights that made the night more pump up; Flock of people gathered everywhere, some were crazily dancing in the center, some were enjoying their cocktail on the bartender, and some were just like us, enjoying our own peers, while playing hardcore in our own space.

It's not that we don't want to bang the night with others, but it's just that we are all known to 'other'. Our statuses don't allow us to that extent considering that it might affect us big time. The worst is, our company might be at risk too. Okay, since it was finally brought up, I'll confess that we are all artists. A well known music makers from one of the most influential label in Korean Hip Hop scene namely AOMG. Say it with me, "Above Ordinary Music Group," didn't find that cool enough? Then here, say it again with me, "Always On My Grind."

It was more like a crew, rather than a company as we don't have a hierarchy system, though we have CEOs, We were just made by a small group of amazing artists that share the same goal, which is to create good and great music. I am not being much conceited, just clearly stating facts, especially that they had a producer like me. Well, I have the talent to compose songs, and I'm not ugly, nobody has said it to me either.

So going back to our own circle, I am also grooving with the music with one bottle of beer on my right hand while enjoying the burst of disco lights scattered everywhere.

I was taking a shot of my drink when I noticed something quite off near around the bartender area, where there were a bunch of guys flirting with only one young lady? It was such a scene stealer for me, since the lady doesn't look pleased, and was most likely being pissed. She also doesn't seem like a Korean with her tan skin.

"Ya, being bothered too?" I quickly glanced to Kiseok hyung who hung one of his arms around my shoulder while looking at the same direction as mine. Am I that obvious watching them from afar?

Kiseok hyung was known popularly as Simon Dominic-his stage name, and he was one of our CEO. A boss that was more like a friend to everyone, and a very affectionate older brother to me. Hmm, and he had admitted it before that the reason he joined this crew was because of me. I'm not saying this to boost my ego, but rather just saying how people think I'm great at what I do.

"Yep, isn't it weird?"

"It does, and it looks like a 'force flirting' to me."

"Isn't that a crime?"

"Hmm... Yeah, but it'll just cause trouble if she'll call a cop right now... Tsk, Seonghwa zzing!..." Oh Ghad, he did it again with his killer aegyo.

"... Let's not stress our butt out of her, she seems strong having that kind of hair." I'm guessing he's right, 'cause there was no way that lady could attain that very light ashy silver granny hair color if her head hasn't gone through a lot of different murdering process.

And another point was, we're in a bar! She should have at least expected what the store was waiting to serve her before coming all alone. This is not a just usual place where you could play solo.  With that in my mind, I quit thinking about her security, and just keep up with my party pips.

********

After a few hours of satisfying our hungry soul for fun, our bodies felt tired, and finally decided to set home. In fact, many of us have gone first already, and only I, Kiseok hyung, Jay who's surname was Park and also one of our CEO, Hyukwoo -mostly known as Loco, and Mintaek -stage name Elo, were left. Actually, it was amusing to see Mintaek to stay with us until the last drop of hyung's drink, I am pretty sure he was not a fan of spending way too much time in places like this the last time I check it.