Chap. 17*

*edited Oct. 11, 2020*

~Zayn~

The nerves in my body were high above normal when I was on my way home to my beautiful girlfriend. Sadly, seeing her state brought a shock to my system and waiting for the results during the week was nerve wracking. I stayed strong for the both of us during this time and made sure she was happy. The moment we became engaged brought excitement to my life and made me breathe a sigh of relief. The reminder that we needed to visit the doctor at the end of the week kept us from celebrating but we knew we would find time after.

Finally, the day came to answer all our worries and I felt better, that's not the correct word to describe it, ecstatic, excited, amazed, and the happiest man on earth. The feeling of becoming a dad filled me to my very core and nothing apart from the love of my life and our soon to be wedding could compare to what is happening now. We're going to be parents and have a possible baby boy or girl around the flat in six months.

Looking down at the sleeping form of Litsy with her head nestled between my shoulder and chin I couldn't help but grin. We both had our hands laced together on her small bump. A month from today we would have the next appointment to see the baby and hopefully in two find out the sex of the baby.

Remembering back to the afternoon of the doctor's appointment makes me cringe when I think of Liam's reaction. Let's just say, when he realized what happened to Litsy when we were gone and the fact, I left her alone in her first months of pregnancy were not appealing to him. Needless to say, both Litsy and I got a stern lecture. Litsy for not going to the doctor's and telling us and me for getting her knocked up before our marriage.

His exact words, "Zayn I thought I made it clear when I said to wait until you two were married, not the opposite! I just found out about your engagement, that does not mean you can go ahead and knock her up before you proposed," he sighed loudly shaking his head. "I swear Zayn, have you ever heard of protection? My poor sensitive, fragile, careless, oww, brave Litsy is too young, oww. What the hell Litsy, I'm saying you're young not old, oww. Ok, I get it! I'll shut up." He stopped after Litsy hit the back of his head three times. Once she was satisfied with shutting him up, she made her way back towards me with a smirk; she stood in front of me to stop Liam from continuing his lecture.

I'm thankful that Liam has a soft spot for Litsy because he was no longer mad at me and congratulated us. He beamed at us knowing he was the first to find out about the baby and that he was going to be an uncle. The rest of the day was not as eventful, but we did have more lectures from my parents. They wanted to be the first to find out since they're the grandparents.

I sigh loudly realizing I need to sleep because my parents are coming tomorrow and knowing my mom, she'll be fussing over Litsy and tormenting her that she should rest. Knowing Litsy, she'd rather be moving around and being active; she's told me plenty of times in the past few weeks "I'm pregnant not immobile". I've given up on telling her to rest and let me do the work. Sighing, I close my eyes after feeling my eyelids heavy, no long after I find myself drifting off into a deep sleep.

'Ding, ding, ding'

I groan knowing my parents are here. I quietly slip out of bed and slip on my sweats over my boxers. I quickly head into the bathroom and splash my face with water in hopes of waking up. I dry my face quickly then run my hand through my hair and head downstairs. Opening the door quickly before my mom rings the doorbell again.

"Hi mum" I take note of my dad just barely parking the car and the passenger door wide open. No doubt she jumped out of the car the minute they reached the curb.

"Hi baby, where's Litsy?" Her eyes shined with excitement and she was practically bouncing on her feet.

"Mum she's sleeping, the last few days the baby has been keeping her up late so please DO NOT wake her up." I emphasized for her to get the clue. My mum has been known to be loud when she wants to be.