Chapter 23 : Welcome!

Cameron was right, I didn't need him to tell me anything. Night by night, I started to remember little by little what happened 700 years ago.

It was so weird, it looked like Cameron and I didn't change, but only the time. It also meant school started to be less important day by day. I didn't know why, but while I was with Cameron, it seemed like I lived in another time than ours.

As our bond grew stronger, Cameron underling and servants slowly made their way into our lives. It seemed we all had a good relationship in the past and it looked like it was the still the case now.

However, there was still one thing I couldn't get used to. The teleportation...

It always gave me a heart attack as someone appeared out of nowhere in front of me.

My life from 700 years ago started to catch up with me. I started to go less and less to school, but Cameron 'hired' me a demonic teacher. He taught me about their world and the classes I was supposed to have in the following years.

I never go outside the house alone anymore, not without my mate or a servant/bodyguard. However, we still go visit my parents.

To be honest, this life didn't seem to bother me. It was a calm and peaceful one, nothing compared to our hundred years before.

I was reading some history book before I heard some hushed voices in the other room. I looked at the clock and was surprised to see that it was already almost noon. So I decided to fetch something to eat. As I was walking to the kitchen, I overheard some part of the discussion of the other room.

"He talked... you... right... dangerous..."

"Have... hurry... move..."

They were talking to low for me to hear, but Cameron expression was so serious and scary that it could only be about something important. Maybe about Deus or Andrew?

I asked many times where he was, but no one would answer me or they would say everything was alright. Even if I just wanted to slap the guy, Cameron would still not let me see him. I sighed.

I went back to my original intent which was food. I entered the kitchen and opened the fridge. I could do something simple or eat what the servant prepared for us?

I didn't know, it was hard to choose... In one hand I wanted pasta and equally on the other one some home made pizza...

When I heard some footsteps near me, I thought it was Cameron.

"What do you want to eat? Pizza or pasta? I really can't..." I stopped talking as I felt something cold near my neck.

"I'll have you." said a too familiar voice and I gulped.

"A-Andrew..." I slowly said never moving an inch.

"Yes, I came here to get you like the other time, but your boyfriend interrupted me. So this time, will you come with me?" he explained and asked in a tone I didn't like at all.

"What about a no?" I answered trying to not sound scared.

"I don't think you're in a position to refuse." he said putting more pressure on the knife. "And if you're thinking to call your boyfriend, too bad he just left the house because of some trouble I made near the house." he chuckled.

"That's troublesome, but I still don't want to go with you."

"I'm not giving you a choice, you WILL come with me since Deus is more than eager to meet you." he paused. "You're the Chosen One after all. Now let's be on our way."

He gave me a small push on my back, so I started to walk in direction of the front door. How did he plan his escape with me without trouble? As soon as I pass the front door, everyone would be alerted of my departure. Cameron underling took my protection way too seriously, but I was glad for that now.

So as I slowly walked toward my salvation, Andrew made me stop a few inches from the door. Shit... Almost there...

"Let's wait a bit, our ride should be here soon." he explained confidence radiating from him.

I started to pray Cameron or anyone would come back home early. Anyone, please come back fast...

"Would you let go of him?" said a calm yet deadly voice.

Andrew rashly turned us around so we all face each other.

"If it isn't the Daemon King? You're back earlier than expected."

"It seemed like you escaped and took something of mine. I will have him back." Cameron's eyes started to glow dangerously red. "I should have broken a few more limbs, but don't worry I will not make the same mistake twice."

"Only if you live long enough to not make them." Andrew answered in a cheerful tone.

How could he be so calm and carefree about it?? He was completely surrounded.

"I'll also ask you to tell your minions to get away from me or your precious little mate would be harmed."

"You wouldn't dare. Give. Him. Back. To. Me. Now."

And in a matter of seconds, they started to exchange punches. I was thrown behind Andrew still near the door. Not wanting to interfere, I stayed there waiting for my mate and his underling beat Andrew up.

I sighed in relief as Sitri, Cameron right hand came to me.

"Matt, are you injured?" he politely asked even though I told him he could be more familiar with me.

"No, I'm fine, but something's weird... I don't know what, but Andrew he's waiting for something..." I explained as Sitri went flying on the other wall.

Someone roughly grabbed me from behind as everyone stopped moving.

"Good job, Andrew." said a feminine voice. "Now, let's head back shall we, Chosen One?"

As I tried to get out of her dead grip, I saw the house, the servants, Andrew, Sitri, and Cameron fade away to only be replaced by another pure white room and strangers.

"Welcome, Chosen One to Deus!" they exclaimed in unison.

Fuck, never mind, my life now was almost as eventful and dangerous as 700 hundred years ago...