Chapter 41 : Gone

Hours had passed and I was in my third book. To be honest, I really didn't like what I was reading. They were all saying different things from what Deus told me. Plus, I was starting to have a headache.

All of these books were written centuries ago. It wasn't easy to create so many books in a day even with magic right?

With all those books who were telling me the truth, how could I ignore it?

Like this one, it's a journal from a maid that served the lover of the King. Apparently, she was human and so was the lover and he took great care of her.

Then we had this book, it was from a nobleman, mostly a Daemon with the terms he used. He didn't seem quite fond on how the King ruled the Kingdom and how he kept the humans alive.

I closed the book that I was reading. Everything seemed so... Real? No... Nostalgic. As if I lived some moments that were described in those books.

Suddenly, I felt a familiar feeling in the bottom of my stomach. I really needed to pee. I didn't realize that I had been holding it for so long. I looked at Cameron who was still in the same position since the beginning. Was he sleeping? If he was, I kind of didn't want to wake him up...

Fuck that, I needed to pee. I stood up and walked toward him. I cleared my throat and the man didn't move so I called his name and still no answer. Groaning, I used my foot to lightly kick his leg. The man stirred and his eyes slowly opened before looking around then at me. He lazily smiled before his eyes slowly closed again.

"Hey! Don't go back to sleep!" I kicked his leg another time, but harder this time.

He hissed and looked at me with tired eyes. "Yes?" he groggily answered and he stretched his arms in the air.

"I want to go to the washroom."

He looked at me for what I thought was a whole hour. Damn, I wasn't joking I really need to pee.

I started to squirm uncomfortably as I kind of begged him with my eyes. Suddenly, his eyes growled and his eyes glowed a blood red. I swallowed my fear as I looked at him sat up. Then a door slammed open and who I thought was Sitri entered the room.

"Take him to the washroom and that he stays there," he shouted whispered and pushed me toward the other Daemon who nodded before gripping my arm and pulled me away.

Geez, I only needed to pee. I didn't fight the Daemon since I was kind of in a hurry too. Finally, in front of a door, the man opened it for me and pushed me inside.

"No matter what happens don't make a sound or I swear I'll watch you pee," the man threatened and closed the door before it disappeared.

"Pervert," I mumbled as I finally could relieve myself. I flushed the toilet and started to wash my hands when the entire room started to shake.

What the heck?! I fell on the ground and waited for the earthquake to end. Suddenly, I heard multiple people shouting. Some voices were saying profanities, other talked in a language that I didn't understand, but then I heard my name.

"Matt! Hurry, I'm taking you out of here!" shouted a familiar voice, but I wasn't sure.

"I know! I'm coming!" another person answered.

And as soon as it started, the earthquake ended. I more or less patiently waited until a bleeding Sitri opened the door which just appeared.

"What happened?" I eyed his injuries as he let me out of the small room.

"The King went with Deus who came to get you," he simply answered with a shrug as if it was nothing.

"How...?" Then I understood everything and why he changed his appearance to look like me. "Then what am I supposed to do?"

I was the Chosen One and I couldn't even do what I was destined to. I was useless.

"Go back into the Matt we all know and like?" he suggested.

Somehow, I didn't even felt angry at what he just said. As strange as it was, it sounded like the right thing to do. Maybe, it was the books that convinced me.

"How do I do that?"

Sitri smiled for the first time I saw him and he told me to follow him. I hesitated as I looked at the back of the man walking away. Was it the right decision to make?

"Why will you do that?" the voice said out of nowhere startling me.

"I don't even know myself..."

"Well, either way, I'm still stuck with you, so... What will you do?"

"What do you want me to do?"

My question seemed to have taken him by surprise since he didn't answer for quite a while. But I also understood his reaction, since I never asked him his opinion.

"I'll do anything to help Cameron... But I think teamwork may be necessary. You and Deus, me and the Daemons. What do you think?" he started, but then hesitated on something. "But on which side are you?"

I was taken aback by his question. I never thought about it since it was as clear as water that I was on Deus side... Yet...

Was there even a yet?

"Matt? Aren't you coming?" asked Sitri as he came back since he must have noticed that I wasn't followed him.

"Yes, I'm sorry about that," I apologized as I walked toward him.

I never thought that I would say that one day, but I needed to choose a side. And... It may not be the one I thought it would be.