Chapter 29$4

(Still Eren's pov)

Somehow I get slammed into a tree and my vision goes white, then red, then black. My vision returns after a couple seconds and the first thing I see is Levi. He stands under Petra holding a sword of his own. His sword blocks Petra and keeps it away from the ground. Away from me. I'm so happy that he saved me but then I look around him, and see the green wings on his back. My breathing becomes faster. What? Levi...is like Petra. 

There is a shink sound of metal on metal and Petra's sword goes spinning through the air. Petra's quick though. She flies up through the air and catches his sword before it hits the ground. She and Levi are now a little ways apart and are both is fighting stances. They seem to battle with their eyes for now. 

"Eren? Are you okay?" It takes me a while to tell that he's talking to me but I manage to stutter out, "Y-Y-Yes." I still stare at him and Petra, half of me freaked out and the other half believing I'll wake up from this nightmare anytime now. 

Petra must've gotten tired of the waiting because she flies at Levi with everything she has. Levi does the same and soon they are mixed in a battle of strength and mobility. They are flying so fast that all I see is a blur but I can hear the sounds of their swords clashing. Petra suddenly starts throwing fireballs at Levi. That must mean Levi is winning. But I can only watch as Petra manages to hit Levi on his shoulder. Levi goes falling to the ground and is surrounded by a cloud of dirt dust. "No!!! Levi!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I try to stand to help him but I still can't move. I'm too weak. I can only sit there, tears streaming down my face once again, as I pray for him to be alright. 

I breath a sigh of relief as I see him stand up and fly into the air. He seems to double his efforts now. They go spinning once again until Petra falls down this time and thankfully she stays down. Levi won. Levi gently flies down and lands next to Petra. He gently touches her forehead and, in a burst of golden light, she vanishes. I stare at where she was just seconds before. With everything seemingly over the adrenaline in my body goes away and I feel very tired. I see Levi fly over to me and kneel in front of me. He looks concerned. He talks to me but his voice seems far off. Like he's talking to me through a tunnel. I feel so tired. I guess I can take a little nap. I slowly close my eyes and let the darkness consume me.

(Levi's pov)

I need to find Eren. I need to apologize to him. I don't want him to be mad at me. I've finally realized that I really do like him. A lot. Why does he have to be mad at me? I guess because I'm lying to him. But I'm doing that to protect him. I just don't want him to get hurt. I have to say something. 

The bell rings for the end of school so I head towards the front doors to try and find Eren. I push past crowds of people looking for him but I can't seem to find him anywhere. I ask everyone still at school if they saw him and no one says anything. Some even ask me who I am talking about. God Eren, get more friends!! Now I start to panic. What happened to him? Wait. Maybe he just went home. Yeah, that's it. He went home. 

I'm walking back to his house when my brain starts to...itch. I know that that's weird but it's the only way I can describe it. It was an itch I couldn't scratch and it drove me crazy and all of a sudden I had a desperate urge to go to the forest behind the park. I start running there. I enter the trees as I hear a voice. It sounds like Eren. What's happening? This one is sure to kill me. Wait, what?! Goodbye Levi. No! I will miss you. Hold on Eren. I will always love you. I'm coming Eren. Levi!! 

I'm so sorry. I didn't want him to find out this way. I take my wings out and speed fly through the the forest and see Eren covered in blood and laying on the ground with Petra standing over him with a sword in hand, ready to swing. I don't hesitate. No one touches my brat. 

I take out my sword and fly under Petra's sword just in time. I keep it away from Eren but the force from the blast knocks him into a tree. I try to call out to him but it takes all my energy to hold his sword off. I take my eyes off of Eren and look at Petra. I knew it. I never should've left Eren by himself. I'm so stupid. 

With a burst of strength I flip his sword out of his hand. It flies through the air but so does she as she grabs it and lands not too far away. I hear rustling behind me. Eren's alive. That's good. 

"Eren, are you okay?" He takes a while to answer. "Y-Y-Yes." He's terrified. 

I'm about to calm him down but Petra has other ideas. She rushes at me with everything she's got and I fight her with equal strength. We get to flying in the air and battling. I'm the fastest flying fairy on my squad so I attempt to lose her with my speed but she just catches up. No matter what speed I do she's always there. 

I slow down a bit to see if I can lose her that way but she sees it coming. She gets me in the shoulder with a fireball. I fall limp to the ground and make a small crater. I hear Eren call out to me. I can't lose. Not if I want my Eren to be safe. 

I painfully get up and, with a little help with my wind magic, speed back through the air. I double my efforts and eventually strike her down. Usually I'll kill the the Titans in the war but I don't want Eren to see me as a killer. I use the other method that just looks good. I touch her forehead and send her somewhere worse than death: to Hanji. 

I take deep breathes. I am covered in scratches and blood. The burn on my shoulder is the worst pain but I ignore all that and run to Eren. His breathing is faint and he's very pale. "Eren?! Eren?! C'mon, speak to me. Eren?!" His head leans to the side and his eyes start to close. I pull him gently into my arms and fly as fast as I can to the nearest hospital. I land easily outside and put my wings away. I run inside and scream bloody murder for someone to help Eren. 

Doctors come rushing out and they take Eren away. They try to take care of me as well but I say no until I know that Eren is okay. I'm so fucking worried. 

Finally a nurse comes out and walks up to me. I try to read her face for good or bad news but she's impossible to read. Fuck you emotionless people. 

It could be anything. She then smiles. "Eren will be fine. He lost a lot of blood but after lots of rest he'll be okay." I'm so relieved I sink into the chair and hold my head in my hands. 

"Thank you. Thank you so much." 

"Would you like I see him?" I jump up and nod. I follow her to his room and she leaves us in peace. Eren is sleeping on the bed. He looks so sickly and pale. I walk over and sit down in the chair. I hold his hand and start crying. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." I sit there for a moment more before a doctor comes in and tells me to get cleaned up as well. I leave to go with the doctor but I come back to Eren's room afterward and stay as long as I can. The doctor said that I couldn't stay here, that I need some rest of my own, so I go home and just flop on my bed, not worrying about anything as I fall into a dreamless sleep. 

Ta da!!!! Another chapter!!! I tried my best with the action but it's kinda hard. Gomenasai!!! Please continue reading!!!! Comments and votes are also very much accepted!!!!~

Till next time!!!!~