♦️ Chapter 14 || The Bucket ♦️

Start from the beginning

The classroom began to swirl and my eyes couldn't focus.

Visions of when I got attacked swirled through my mind.

How I could have been dead... How I almost was.

All my fears were coming at me in this very moment and I couldn't stop it.

My eyes started to water but I forced all my tears back.

I turned to Ms. Cast and whispered "I need to go."

She nodded and before anything else could happen I was out the door and running from the hallway.

I didn't realize how scared I was of the attack till now. It was like it all dawned upon me at this very moment.

Ms. Cast knew about the attack, my parents informed her because they know I trust her and how I would go to her for help if I needed it.

Making sure the hallway was empty, I rested my back against my locker, put my hands to my face and let myself cry. Not sad tear but tears of fear.

"Hey Nicole, you okay?" I heard a voice say as two strong hands delicately wrapped around my small wrists.

I lifted my head to find a man with brown hair and brown eyes standing in front of me, but this wasn't any normal man, it was Jake.

I nodded my head with tears falling from my eyes, "I'm fine" I quietly muttered.

Before I could say or do anything, Jake pulled me close and wrapped his arms around me.

"It's okay Nicole" he whispered in my ear.

His arms held me close to him forcing my head to lean up against his chest. He stayed with his arms around me for a little while longer before dropping his arms to his side allowing me to step back.

He smiled and I said a soft "thank you" while brushing some hair out of my face.

He was about to say something when he noticed some guy walking down the hall past us.

His eyes that were once caring and sweet turned dark and full of hated.

He gripped one of my wrists with his hand, lifted it up by my head and slammed it onto the locker behind me forcing me to jam my back up against the locker as well.

The tears stopped falling from my eyes as I couldn't cry anymore, I was frozen but at the same time terrified.

"Stay out of my way" he spat as he brought his forehead to mine. I avoided his look afraid of what he would do to me.

This is the Jake that I have feared. I've tried to avoid him with every bone in my body trying to avoid this....

Me getting victimized by him.

But not just plain old high school picking on.

Torture....

Pain.

He would hurt me till I was bleeding out. He would stuff me into my locker. He wouldn't care about anything. He would kill me.