Chapter Eleven ~ Race Card

Shout out to aaaaaa19990 and @PurpleVioletta you didn't guess right however your support throughout this book has been great so I just wanted to thank you both!!

Still Jack's P.O.V ~

"We will have to corner of the area for further investigation and I'm afraid the three of you will have to brought in for questioning."

I just couldn't wrap my head around it. I kept picturing him lying there.

Dead.

It's not something I wished on my worst enemy.

And frankly that he was.

My worst enemy.

Vincent Doyle.

I looked over at Molly who hadn't uttered a word since we began searching for Peter. It was like she was shutting down. She wasn't functioning. She couldn't.

My heart pained at the sight of her. Still in her dress however now it was stained with blood. Vincy's blood.

So much for forgetting our troubles for the night.

"I think questioning can wait til the morning don't you Garda?" Susie was the only one who was able to speak. "We've had quite the night." She looked at him hinting at Molly's state.

"Fair enough but you can't stay here."

"They can stay with me." I looked up quickly to see Paddy and Helen in the doorway. Still dressed in their formal attire.

"That's sorted then. Is that everyone?" The Garda asked.

"Peter." Susie whispered. "We still don't know where he is."

I glared at her hoping she would give nothing away for both my sake and Peter's.

"I'm sorry Susie. I didn't know how to tell you. He copped off with a girl from the dance. He's probably with her now." I lied through my teeth.

"What?" She looked at me confused.

"Look lads, I'm not interested in some lovers tiff I just want to know that he won't come back here after." The guard intervened growing impatient.

"No. I don't think he'll be back." I finished.

We grabbed some of our clothes before heading to Paddy's house that was on the far side of the yard.

Susie went home as all her stuff was there and she said she felt better going back to sleep in her own bed. She is pissed with me for lying about Peter's whereabouts.

"Well Molly I think you have a genuine enough reason this time for deserting us without a jeep." Paddy said while putting the teapot on the range. He too could see the state Molly was in and was trying to lighten the mood slightly but Helen glared at him.

"You missed the awards for best dressed ladies." Helen began. "You were one of the nominees Molly but then some model won it. Everyone was giving out though that she was flirting with him all night before that. I wouldn't mind but her dress wasn't even that nice." She looked hopefully at Molly for a response. As did I.