Chapter 12

WELCOME TO THE NEW CHAPTER!

GO VOTE, COMMENT ABOUT THE STORY!!! SEND ME YOUR LOVE!!! Don't forget to hit the "follow" button! :)))

--

Rose's POV

I spent the rest of my work day in a haze. Two million dollars? If I played my cards right, with the lifestyle I was accustomed to, I could live off of the money forever. Probably. Right? Never in my wildest dreams that a 2 million dollars will drop in my lap. I had fantasies, of course. Didn't everyone?

My brain was already churning as if I had the money in my bank account. But if I decided to do this – and that was a huge if – it would still be a long time before I saw a dime. And in the meantime, living with Mr. William, I'd probably get used to a higher standard of living. Even for someone like me, who'd never been pampered in my life. Does DIY face mask consider as pampering? I think not. It would be best if I could consult with some neutral third party about all of this – a professional. Someone who could give me some really solid advice. Who would be perfect enough to do this?

I know. I'll call Steve right away.

--

I was on my way home when I received a text from Steve, "Hey roseeee! Tonyt is r Girl + Gay Night Out. I'll bring pizzas l8r. U up?"

Oh yeah, tonight is our night. This is a good time to talk about the contract. I replied back, "Yeah im good. I'm on my way to 7-11, nachos and salsa? C u l8r." The convenience store isn't that full, I saw the cashier filing her nails with bored look on her face. I went straight to the aisle where you can buy some chips and bought some stuff for the night out.

Once I reached the apartment, Steve is wearing his Stich onesie already and he was in the kitchen setting up some plates and glass. "Hey Steve," I said and placed the bags in the kitchen counter.

"Hi Rose, it's been a long time since our last GG Night Out. I want to hang out with you 'cause work is really stressing me out right now." Steve said. I nod in response and got a bowl for the chips and another container for the salsa.

--

After we watched the second movie, The Proposal, I finally got the guts to tell Steve about the proposal.

I cleared my throat. "Steve," I said.

He was drank his wine first and looked at my direction. "Yes, Rose?"

"I have a problem."

He paused for a moment and asks, "Is this about Nan?"

"No, this isn't about grandma. It's about work."

"Okay, what is it?"

I gulped. "My boss wants to marry me."

"HE WHAAAT?!" Looking at me bewildered. "IS HE A SICK MAN?!"

"No, not marry marry me. It's only for the contract." I said.

"Like an act?"

"Yes! I don't know what to do."

"An act?! Are you drunk, Rose? Or am I drunk?!"

I looked at Steve and he seems so confused to what I said. I told him the whole story about contract. Not leaving any details.

"Please don't tell anyone, Steve. You're my person." I whispered.

"I won't. Wow, is he that desperate?" I nod. "And 2 million dollars!! Damn, I wish I was in your shoes right now." He joked.