Chapter 2 - The Interview

Author's Note

Yep, made another revision on this chapter. I think this version is better than before! So, go ahead and read the newly updated chapter. Tell me what you think! Give it lots of vote and don't forget it put in your Reading List. Have fun reading!

Scar. xx

--

Rose Standford POV

I live at Brooklyn right now. I ride a bus to go Manhattan and I travel for around 30-40 minutes. I'm not really from New York; I didn't even grow up here. I'm just a small town girl from New Jersey. When my parents died from the car accident, my grandma decided to transfer here in New York. She worked so hard so both of us can live. I graduated high school here in Brooklyn. Now, my grandma is retired. She's in a retirement home in Brooklyn and she is being supported by an organization. I'm happy because she is living comfortably but sad at the same time because I am not with her.

I almost miss my stop. Damn. I yelled stop to the driver and hurriedly went out of the bus. I walked a few more meters and I finally arrived at my poor old apartment. This apartment still gives me the headaches but at least it gives me shelter. I have to be patient enough; the landlord is uncooperative and keeps on asking for unexpected payment for this crappy apartment which is not even mentioned in our contract. The neighborhood is scary at night, that's why I don't go out that much.

I went up to my floor and knocked on the door of the next apartment near mine's. That is where Seth lives. A good friend of mine from high school. We are basically the same, trying our best to survive from the world of adulting.

"Hey, Seth! You up?" I shout. I heard a rustling of feet and then the door opens. Then, there's Seth. A half-naked Seth. I think I interrupted something.

"Rose!" Seth replied while combing his hair with his finger.

"I'm interrupting something, aren't I?"

"Well..."

"You know what its okay. I just want to give you the news again that I'm having an interview tomorrow."

"That's great!"

"Welp. I better go now! Bye, Seth. Stay safe!"

"Yeah yeah, I know that. Come back here tomorrow. I'll treat you breakfast. 'Cause you need that extra boost!" he said. Seth definitely knows that I don't usually eat breakfast.

"Wow, thanks, Seth!" Then, I walked to my apartment.

--

I woke up by the sound of my alarm clock. Lazily picking up my hammer under my bed and smash my damn alarm clock for disturbing my sleep! Just kidding. I rubbed my eyes to remove the sleepiness away and tied my hair into a messy bun. Looking at the clock its only 8:00 am. I still have time to check on my emails and social media accounts.

Oh! I remember that Seth is cooking me breakfast. I washed my face with water and went straight to his apartment. I love it when Seth cooks!

"Hey Rose! Good morning!" Seth greets me with a smile on his face. Huh that's weird.

"Good morning, Seth." I replied and gave him a confused look.

"What's with the face?" he laughed.

"Are you high or something?" I asked.

"No, idiot. Something amazing happened last night." he replied.

"Wow, what is it then?"

"Me and Joey are finally official!!!" he giggled and his cheeks turns red.

"Oh my god! Seth, that's great news!!!!" I shouted and we hugged. For y'all information, Seth Hartman is gay and he treats me like family so we are that open with each together. I love him to bits. We have each other's back!

"I know! I can't wait for tomorrow night!" he said with a smile.

"You two have a date?" I asked.

"No, Rose. We'll play hide and seek." he replied sarcastically.

I playfully punched his arm.

He laughs. "Aw! Yeah, we have a date." then he rolled his eyes. He went back to the stove and cooked our breakfast.

I went to the fridge and looked for some orange juice.

"Babe, what do you want juice or milk?" I asked while my head is still in the fridge looking for our drinks.

"Are you still going to call me by our call sign? Even if I'm dating Joey?" he asked while flipping the pancakes. "Yep! No matter what the circumstances are!" I said. "So, juice or milk?"

"Neither. I already made some coffee."

"Okay then." And got myself some orange juice. I went to the cabinet to get some plates, cup and utensils. Then, settled it on our dining table.

"Breakfast is ready!" he announced cheerily. He cooked some bacons, pancakes, scrambled eggs and toasted bread. My favorites!!! A happy tummy is a happy Rose-y!!!

"Hmmm this smells awesome. Thanks, Seth." I asked and ate the bread with no manners. I did that on purpose to make Seth pissed.

"You're being disgusting, babe!" he said.

While we are chit chatting about our day yesterday and then suddenly I noticed the wall clock.

"Shit I'm late!" I shouted and fell off my chair. I can feel the pain in my butt.

"What the heck are you still doing? Go and take a bath, you silly girl." Seth said.

I went back and made a bee line to my bedroom and prepared all of my clothing and accessories. I rushed to my bathroom and took a bath for 15 minutes. Then, I went to my dresser and blowdry my hair.

It's quarter to 9 am and I'm still not ready. I hope there's no traffic to Manhattan. It takes an hour to be there when there's traffic.

I put on my black pencil skirt and a red blouse with a black blazer and tied my hair into a bun. Put on some light makeup and my 4-inch heels. I checked all of my files and folders and I'm all set! Then, I grabbed my bag, phone and keys.

I locked my door. I went back to Seth's apartment and he is currently can't be found anywhere. Maybe he's in his room.

"SETH I'M GOING OUT NOW! WISH ME LUCK!" I shouted.

I heard his bedroom door open and I saw Seth.

"Good luck, Rosey." He walked towards me and gave me a hug.

"Thanks, I need to go now. Bye!" I said while I went out the door.

I checked my wrist watch and its 5 minutes left before it strikes 9 am. JUST FVCKING GREAT! ON YOUR FIRST INTERVIEW ROSE!

I walked down the stairs and went straight out of the building. The bus terminal is like 100 meters away from our building. When I arrived there, the bus made a stop there just in time. I went inside and took a seat. I checked the time and it's 9:07 am. I still have time and I pray that the traffic is not that worse.

--

It's a quarter to 10. I'm freaking out!

I stepped out of the bus, I looked around the street and the Manhattan is busy for today. I have no choice but to walk to the Wilstar Hotel Corporation. After I walked a few blocks, I can see the company building already.

Then, I hurriedly crossed the street when suddenly I heard a loud car honking. Everything happened quickly and then my body met the floor, leaving me unconscious.