Chapter 8 - All Hell Broke Loose

WELCOME TO THE NEW CHAPTER! 

GO VOTE, COMMENT ABOUT THE STORY!!! SEND ME YOUR LOVE!!! :)))

---

Okaaaay. Why did he act as if he doesn't know me? What's with the attitude? For the first question, maybe he wants some formality in his office. Oh well. 

While I'm waiting for the lift to come, I'm still worried about his coffee. I'll just go blend some coffee like what I do to Steve and Joey's coffee. They love my coffee and always keep telling me to make my own cafe. I hope the boss would also like my coffee!

The lift dinged and I entered and pressed the 18th floor for the break room. 

At the point when the lift opened, the lunchroom is unfilled. As I entered the coffee area, a guy wearing a open-collar shirt and tie is sitting in the dining chair. I can sense that he's drained, you can see his eye bags in his eye glasses and he always have deep sighs. He noticed my presence and smiled at me. I smiled back. Went to the coffee maker to make his coffee, obviously. Since I don't like awkward silence, I decided to make a conversation.

"Rough day huh?" I asked.

"What? Oh yeah, the project is killing me." he answered.

"What project? Is it for the company? Btw, I'm Rose." I extended my arm towards him.

"Hey, my name is Mark. Yeah, about the interior design for the hotel in London." Then, he took my hand and shake it once. "You're new here?"

"Yeah, I work as a personal secretary for Mr. William."

"Wow, tough job you got there." he chuckled. Then, I noticed his action. I can see that Mark is gay. 

"Really? Is he that monstrous?" I asked.

"Yeah, my boyfriend came here to visit me. Then, he bumped into Mr. William and all of Sir's files went all over the place. He went ranging mad!" 

See! I knew it. I have this instinct, guys.

Me and Mark talked about the gossips here in the workplace since there's just two of us in the room. We giggled and shared work encounters like on my ex-job before. He even knows my friend Steve because they meet in the club. We became instant friends and also we exchange some phone number! Now, my day is being awesome.

I looked at the time and it's 10:30 AM. Damn, spoke too soon! I've been in the room for 30 minutes. He's going to kill me! I grab his warm coffee and took a sandwich in the pantry. Then, went straight in the elevator!

I'm in front of his office door and knock three times. Also, I can hear him shouting, maybe his talking to a co-worker. S#!t, this is not a good time. But, oh well, I gulp before I entered.

His back is facing me and his phone is still in his ear. Mr. William's office is neat and tidy. Not bad for a billionaire. The office is thrice bigger than my apartment. There's a lovely painting of a forest near his desk and make go in awe. Sofa is place near the windows. The view from his office is amazing, you can see the entire New York City.

I heard someone coughed when I look where it came from - Mr. William's looking at me intently. I felt that my goosebumps is having a goosebumps. Damn, I hate the way he stares.

"Uhh sorry, Sir." I walked to his desk and then placed the coffee and sandwich.

"What took you so long?"

"Uhhh... I didn't kn-know how to use the coffee maker, Sir." Wtf, worst lie ever!!! I hope he believes me.

"Didn't Kate taught you that?" he said in a stern voice. S#!t, I'm doomed.

"Yes, Sir. But I forgot, I'm so sorry. It won't happen again." I lowered my head in shame.

"This is the last mistake, you hear me?!"

"Yes, Sir." I pout.

"Now, get out. I'll call you if I want to order some lunch." he said and then sat down on his swivel chair.

"Okay, Sir. Noted!"

Then, I exited the room. Phew, that was rough. :/

--

The first of work is quite okay if we ignore about the scene earlier this morning. Mr. William is not a needy boss after all. He'll just call you if he has any meetings left or calls you if the other company called about their agreements. I think I did pretty well... *taps my own shoulder*

After a few arrangement for his weekly schedule and I'm off to go.

Done!

It's 5:30 in the afternoon, said the wall clock. Mr. William is still in his office doing his papers. While I'm printing the time table and preparing all the paper sheet to be signed for their meeting tomorrow, I heard the lift dinged. 

"I'm sorry but Mr. William's not open for any appointments today. Please come again tomorrow." I said not bothered looking who came.

I heard someone sighs. That moment I looked up and gasped. "That sucks. I hope he can make some few exceptions because I'm his younger brother."

Right before my very own eyes, Joshua William is standing in front of me.

"I.. I.. I'll notify him. Please hold on for a sec." I stutter. What the hell is wrong me? Well, don't blame me if there are two insanely hot brothers in this floor.

I grab the phone cradle and pressed 1 for Mr. William's number. I looked back to see Joshua and he is looking at me intently. I quickly hide my blushing face and told him to take a seat at the sofa first while he is waiting. Apparently, he obliged. After the first two rings, Mr. William answered the phone.

"Uhh.. Si--." 

"Yes? What do you want, Ms. Standford?" he asked and voice tired.

"Dr. William is here to see you. Should I let him enter?" I whispered.

"What does he want now?"

"I don't know he didn't menti--..." My sentence was cut when Joshua answered. 

"Tell him it's about Project Mother." I nod and he smirk. I felt my knees turned into jelly. 

"He said it's about Project Mother."

I heard him sigh on the other line. "Okay, let him in."

"Okay, Sir." Then, I put down the phone.

I took a long breathe and faced the ever flawless doctor. "Dr. William, you can go in now." He stands and did I mention he has a briefcase?

"So, Rose, how are you feeling?" he asked and display his knee-jelly smirk.

"I'm doing great. Thank you, Doc." I smiled and focused back to printing the documents. "Cut the formality. You can call me Joshua, if you want to." He winked.

I giggled. Did I just do that?! I'm being a high school teenager!

I heard the door opened and Blake is standing in the doorway. "Joshua, stop flirting with my staff." His tie is now loose and his shirt is half button open. I can even see his chest hair.. *gulp*

Then, Joshua chuckled. "Don't be too hard, bro. I'm just asking if she's okay after you ran after her." He throw his suitcase towards Blake and gladly he caught it with one hand. Joshua walked toward the office and said something I didn't get..

"I know you like her, bro."

---

Author's Note

Okaaaaaaay, Chapter 8 is back!!!! Finally, an update!!! I'm sorry it took so long, I'm not a professional writer, guys. Tho I'm trying my best to write to make you happy! Because I've been receiving some great feed back from you. I super duper love it!

In some previous chapter, I'm certain that you noticed some "deep" words. I'm so sorry about that! Lol. But it still not edited yet. Maybe after the story I can edit some in every chapters! :)

Thank you for your patience! I love you all.

Scar xoxo