Chapter 11 - The Proposal

WELCOME TO THE NEW CHAPTER!

GO VOTE, COMMENT ABOUT THE STORY!!! SEND ME YOUR LOVE!!! Don't forget to hit the "follow" button! :)))

--

"You marrying me?" I laugh. "You sure?"

"Yes, I'm certain. You seem as though you have the 'wife material'. So, why not?" he smirked.

That made me dumbfounded.

"Presently before anything else, I need to guarantee you that this meeting is literally nothing to be worried about. I have no issues with your occupation execution here. I have a business proposition for you, which I accept to be commonly advantageous. My lawyer is here to regulate our arrangements and guarantee that each of us is getting a reasonable arrangement. Do you follow so far?"

I nodded, swallowing hard. I suspected he was going to request that I accomplish something that was against each business morals class I'd ever been compelled to sit through.

He sat down in one of the seats inverse me, unbuttoning his suit jacket. "I want you to understand that if you refuse, your employment here would not be jeopardized in any way."

The lawyer was whirling his pen between two fingers, gazing at the floor. I got the inclination he wasn't extremely content with what was going on, however he wasn't exceptionally content with what was going on, but he wasn't about to say anything as long as he was getting his paycheck.

"Ms. Standford, as I'm certain you know, I've been living and working in this organization for quite a while. This is my home. This is the place I have constructed everything that is essential to me. Be that as it may, as it happens, my stepmother will take the organization from me in case despite everything I'm still not married when I'm 30." He stopped, tinkering with his sleeve buttons. "You're a smart lady, I saw your resume. Despite the fact that, you didn't head off to college in any event your SAT scores are extraordinarily high and you're likewise top of your class. I'm certain you can see where this is going."

Well. This positively had taken an intriguing turn.

I forced to think about this logically, if a wonder such as this were possible. He was a gorgeous person for damn sake! Indeed, I really wanted to think I'd look somewhat shabby by correlation, on his arm. However, clearly he didn't think so. On the other hand he couldn't have cared less.

I made a sound as if to speak. "Mr. William.... Sir... could I ask you for what valid reason you picked me?"

He took a gander at me for a minute and to the edge of my eyes I saw lawyer grinned. Okaaay odd. "You're lovely, Ms. Standford," he said, at last. "I've heard from one of the staffs here that that you're presently single and you had a few discussions where you communicated where you expressed distaste for the the institution of marriage, I thought you might be interested."

One of staffs? S#!t, Mark.

"That's - quite a leap of logic," I said, glaring at him. On the off chance that I should have known that Mark was basically in Mr. William's pocket, I never would have had such a large number of profoundly individual discussions with him. I tried to think of other things I'd said to him, my ears starting to burn as I searched my mind.

Mr. William bit his lip which made go insane inside. "I've offended you," he said, standing up. "I apologize."

"Hold up," I said. "Are you really serious about this?"

"Yes," he said. "Of course."

"You're not playing some sort of elaborate trick on me, right?"

His grin returned. "What kind of person do you think I am?"

The lawyer made a little commotion, moving his seat.

"I assume I'll be compensated in some way?" I said, trying to sound cool and composed. I didn't know the proper way to react in this situation - hell, I didn't know if there was a proper way - but I was trying to pretend like he hadn't completely floored me with this offer. A marriage of convenience? Who even did that in real life?

"Of course," said Mr. William, sitting back down and reaching for the sheaf of papers sitting on the table. "It's quite simple, when you  cut through all the legalese. You will need to live with me for the next year, at least, for appearance's sake. During that time, I will support you and provide for all of your needs and wants. After that time passes, you will be compensated with two million dollars U.S., payable in cash or bearer bonds."

My hear stopper for a moment.

Mr. William didn't skip a beat. "You will need to end your employment here, obviously - again, for appearance's sake. But I will ensure that  you receive an even better job placement at another firm, after the terms of the agreement are fulfilled. In the event of any trouble, you will be compensated, so long as you make a reasonable effort to keep the facade intact."

"What continues a reasonable effort?" I wanted to know.

He stirred some pages. "That is spelled over here, too. You're agreeing to spend at least ten hours going over the points of interest of our fictional relationship in preparation for meeting my mother and my family. At the point when we are out in the public, you will act at all times as though we are a couple. This may incorporate some physical association, which..." he floated off, gazing at the floor covering. Is it accurate to say that he was humiliated? Without a doubt not. "..I trust you will discover... pleasing.."

The attorney sighed loudly. "I feel compelled to point out that a contract for an illegal agreement will not hold up in court."

I hadn't even considered that, but of course he was correct.

Mr. William gestured. "The agreement is a formality. Just to clear up the commitments we'd both have."

"It sounds..." I wasn't certain how it sounded. "Can I have some time to think?"

"Sure," said Mr. William, briskly, his professional demeanor returning in a moment's time. I noticed there was still some extra color in face, though. "You can peruse the contract as thoroughly as you'd like, but I'm afraid I can't allow it to leave this room. For obvious reasons."

"Of course," I said. I flipped through the pages, my eyes scanning the words as if I could possibly make sense of them. My head was swimming, and I felt like I was in some kind of dream. Some part of me was convinced that I would wake up at any moment.

"You can take a few days, if you like." said Mr. William. "Come to my office anytime if you want to look over it. I'll keep it in my desk."

 "Thank you," I said. "I think I'll come back tomorrow."

He nodded, taking the papers from me and straightening them. "I'll see you then."

--

Author's Note

Oooooh another cliff-hanger! Dayuuum. :P

Hey guys!

Sorry for the late upload of the chapter because everything surrounding me this past few days are so busy. I can't keep my mind straight! I was also busy because I've been updating my personal blog, reading books and watching TV series. LOL what a good way to spend your summer vacation!

Don't forget to follow me, guys, for more updates!!!

Love you lots!

Scar xx