Chapter 5 - Accepted

"Unfortunately, he's my brother." Blake replied. He went back to the sofa and sat while massaging his temples.

The doctor went to my bed and greets me.

"Hi, I'm Joshua Williams. Your doctor for today. What happened to you?" He asked while he get his stethoscope and put it on my back.

"Well, your brother here doesn't know the basic rules of reading a traffic light. I was crossing the street and suddenly his car bumped my body."

"Okay, let's examine your wounds and see if there are more fractures in your bones." He asked.

After few minutes of checking my body and xrays. They finally got the result.

"Miss Standford, you apparently have a fracture in your right ankle but it can still be healed for a few weeks. You have bruises in your arms and legs but it will after we remove the cold compress. Please clean your wounds twice a day, so it can be disinfected." He told me while I was holding the ice bag on my arm.

"And here is the medication you will be taking. Drink this twice a day. For four days." He gave me my prescription. "I'll schedule your next appointment to have your ankles check. All right. You're free to go."

"Thanks, Doc." I said.

"You're welcome. Just call me Joshua, no need for formalities." Then, he winked at me.

Is he flirting with me?! Wow that is unexpected.

Joshua went to his brother and bid his goodbye. Blake went to my bed with a scowl on his face.

"What's wrong with your face?" I said while I'm preparing my stuff and put it on my bag.

"Nothing." Then, Blake rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Okay, fine." I said. The nurses gave me a pair of crutches and told me about my next appointment. We exited the hospital and went to the parking lot where his car was parked.

"Uhmm Blake I'll just take the cab. I can manage myself already." I said while looking for an available cab to pass by.

"No, I'll drive you home. No cab drivers will let you ride their cab looking like a hobo." Blake replied with a smug smirk on his face.

I pout. Do I really look horrible? I checked my reflection in his side view mirror and hell yeah he's telling the truth. I look like crap.

"You're pissing me off, aren't you?" I said, raising one of my eyebrows. This guy is so full of it! Arrogant bastard.

"No, I'm just telling the telling the truth. Get your lazy ass in my car so I can take you home cause I'm two hours late for my meeting." Then, Blake went inside.

I have no choice but to go inside. 

"So where we headed?" Blake asked and started the engine while I told him my apartment's address.

"Don't forget to wear your seat belt, you look stupid without one." I said and buckled my own seat belt.

"I'm a responsible driver. I don't need those seat belts." He said cockily.

"Responsible? You call yourself responsible after the incident earlier?" I said. "Just wear your damn seat belts!" I said and crossed my arms.

"Why do I feel that you're being concerned?" He said with a smirk.

I look at him dumbfounded. Cause I care for you, duh?  Sh-t, why did I say that? My mind got really f-ed up after the car accident.

"Don't be too confident. I'm worried about the next person you're going to hit. Just shut up and drive." I said and looked at my window.

Then, Blake started to drive.

---

Well, I can conclude that the drive is long and boring. I sighed and rested my head on the window. Thinking about the job interview I lost earlier because I was hoping there might be a chance.

I heard Blake cleared his throat which made me go back to reality.

"So, what company did you apply for?" Blake asked, but his focus was on the road.

"It's Alonine Hotel Company. I'm applying for the secretary position or maybe a receptionist at one of their hotels." I said.

"Hmm.. Really?" He said with a smirk. "Why do you want the job?"

"Cause I'm broke." I laughed. "Seriously though, I want the job so bad to earn for my schooling. I want to graduate with a degree in business or in medicine."

"How about your parents?" Blake said with confusion.

I paused for a while because I don't know what to say. "They both died."

"Sorry to hear that."

Then, Blake tapped my shoulder.

"Hey! No touchy!" I said and move an inch away.

He chuckled and put his other hand back on the steering wheel. "What happened to your last job?"

"I filed a resignation letter because my boss and colleagues was being an a-hole." I said. "Uhh hey what's with the random questions?"

Then, Blake pulled the brakes and parked the car in front of my apartment building.

"We're here!" He announced.

I gathered my stuff and opened the door and stepped outside. "Thanks for the ride, Blake. Please don't be an idiot and drive safely."

"You're welcome, Ms. Stanford. I'll keep that in mind."

"Hey, you didn't answer my question." I said.

Instead of answering my question, he grabbed his wallet in his back pocket, pulled a card and handed it to me.

"What's this?" I asked.

"As you can see, I'm Blake Williams, the CEO of Alonine Hotel Company. Congratulations Rose! You're now hired as my personal secretary. You'll start as soon as your ankle is healed. Kate will call you later and will give you instructions, rules and regulations of the company. Have a great day!" He smiled.

"What the f...." He automatically closed the door, cutting my words. Then, drives away. How rude.

I looked at the calling card he gave me. It's a legit business card with his name and contacts written on it.

This is the weirdest day ever.

--

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Finally! Another update! I'm sorry for the long wait and thank you for being patient. :)

Actually, the update was supposedly uploaded last Saturday. Due to my internet connection, I failed to make the promise. BUT DON'T BE SAD ANYMORE! HAHAHAHA.

THE BILLIONAIRE FINALLY GOT ITS 1K READS!!!!

I'm so happy! Thanks guys! Mwah.

I hope I can get more comments or votes from you, guys! I want to hear your voices about my stories.

Again, thank you so much. I love you. :*