Chapter twelve

The next morning I was greated with Breakfast in bed. Brodden with his own porridge sat next to me answering all my questions about the Mcbain clan and what the witch did to them. "So only a select few become a wolf?" brodden nodded swallowing down his last bite of porridge. "Take Blayne and Adair, Adair is and Blayne is no'. No matter how much he wishes he is." I about choked on my water as Brodden went to stoke the fire. "Is that why there is so much animosity between the two?" Brodden wiped his hands on his breeches. "Aye I suppose so. The two never got along even when we were little." I sat my bowl down on the floor. Then wrapped myself in the blankets. Unwilling to step out just yet. The rain brought in the cold making it hard to leave the warm cacacoon I was in. "Did it get worse after Blayne didn't become a wolf?" Brodden came back and sat behind me pulling me to him. Adding to warmth from the blanket and making me sleepy. "I never thought about it but Aye I suppose it did." warning bells sounded off but I pushed them back as I closed my eyes. "I need more sleep, I haven't slept well since I got here." I felt the rumble of his chest as he laughed. He wrapped the blanket around us and pulled me to him. "Tis raining outside no need to be quick getting up. Heather has put Angus as guard for catriona." my good mood vanished as I remebered about the little girl who wiggled her way into our heart's. "Is Angus.." Brodden brushed back my hair and planted a kiss on my neck. "He's a honorable warrior and a even more honorable man." I shivered at his contact. "Good." anymore words caught in my throat Brodden moved so he was above me. My throat went dry and my stomach fluttered with anxiousness and anticipation. I knew where this was going. My one time with William Water gave me that much. Except William wasn't built like Brodden and he sure as heck didn't have the eyes of him either. Brodden eyes had darkened to such a deep green they were almost black. His hands moved up and under the tunic bunching it up as he moved. My breathing became ragged and rushed. Making me light headed with all the feelings coursing through me. Yeah this was something completely different from poor William. This had feelings of love tenderness. Brodden kissed me pulling me from my thoughts. We were both breathless and when I thought I couldn't take anymore Brodden proved me wrong. He took me higher and higher still. When finally we entered that peak together calling out each other names we collapsed into a heap. I felt a small bite on my arm. Making me look over shoulder at Brodden who had a smug smile on his face. "Did you just bite me?" Brodden buried his head in my hair. "Aye, I did." I couldn't help the laugh that bubbled out. It was such a animal like thing to do. Brodden wrapped his arm around my middle pulling me to him. I felt a slight burning on my hip. That became a searing pain. I jumped out of bed looking down at my hip. There sat a Celtic knot with what looked like Heather flowers wrapped in it. I looked over at Brodden to see him smiling tenderly at me. "Its the Mark of mates. Usually a mate doesn't revive theirs untill three days after." He didn't need to finish what he was saying. I understood enough of what he was saying. "It displeases you?" I looked down at my new tattoo for a lack of a better word. I found I wasn't displeased by it. I was oddly proud of it actually. I splayed my fingers over it. Feeling the ridges of it. "No it dosnt displease me. I love it it's very beautiful. Does every made have this exact one." Brodden stood from the bed and walked to me. Putting his one hand on my cheek and the other on my Mark. "They have some variation of it." so it was something special between the mates then. I smiled and stood on tip toe kissing him full on the mouth. We parted and his smile engulfed his face. A knock on the door had his smile droping. "They always intrupt when I don't want them too." I laughed as he walked to the door and I went to the bed pulling a blanket around me. "Lard Kendrix wishes to see both you and lady Sorcha in the hall." I looked at Brodden as he shut the door. "What would he need to talk to us both about?" Brodden pulled on his clan plaid and reached for his boots. I slipped on my own and decided to just pull my hair back into a messy bun. Glad that my hairtie was still holding up. We headed down to the hall hand in hand. We entered to Argyll standing protectively in front of Roxy. Blayne had Verena and Carrick tucked behind him his arm wrapped around them. Adair had a man by the throat holding him off the ground. His toes barley able to touch the floor. Heather had a hand to her mouth as Kendrix stood stoic and unimpressed by her. "You date threaten my family my clan. As you stand on my land my home!" Kendrix stepped forward toward the group of men that I now noticed was standing there. They coward back away from him. "Leave my home but give your lard this message I will not stand down from him." I looked up at Brodden and noticed his hard set look. This was bad this ment a war or a big fight was about to happen. The men lady hurridly and everyone was silent. Finally Kendrix sat down giving us all a sad look. "The portal is ready to use. Brodden, Argyll I'm sorry lads but it's not safe here for them or you if they stay." I felt everything jerk from beneath me. I was going to have to leave Brodden to soon. My saving grace was it would be seconds for me. He was going to have to wait hundreds of years for me. I graced his hand in mine waiting for him to say something. What came next surprised me to the core. "When should we leave?" Kendrix reached out to Heather who took his hand. "Now it will take three days and two night to reach the rock." the girls and I didn't need to pack anything what we had on was enough. Adair moved to Heathers healing room. He came back with Catriona in his arms. "We move now war is coming and it's best to get them home." that stilled my blood, a war an actual war. We moved through the keep each silent with heavy and unwilling hearts. We didn't want to leave, but we had to help Catriona. A horse drawn cart that was big enough for us and Catriona was in the court yard. With three horses beside it. Adair laid Catriona down going straight to a brown mare. Blayne helped verena into the cart handing her Carrick when she settled. He kissed her and stepped back. I noticed the look of rage on Adair before he wiped it from his face. Argyll helped roxy up next and I noticed the same Celtic knot on my hip on her wrist. I smiled to myself noticing she didn't have as many flowers on hers. Next was me I stood on the cart making me eye level with Brodden. "Brodden..." he bent down and kissed me Putting his forhead to mine "Mo Stór we will talk later for now keep your eyes open and your bow ready." I swallowed down my questions. I pulled out my bow and a arrow keeping them beside me. Blayne snapped the riens making the cart move forward. I looked behind us and watched the McCain keep grow smaller. Tears filled my eyes as I realized I was leaving my home. I took a hold of Rich and Verena hands needing comfort from them as they did from me.