END

All hell broke loose.

I felt someone snatch my waist and yank me upright aggravating my wounds. Instinctively I gasped and tried to cover the open scratches, momentarily forgetting Taemin's warning to play dead. Suddenly there was a sound like a hurricane in my ears and then I was lying on what felt like leaves. My eyes snapped open and I prepared to see Taemin's angry eyes boring into mine but instead I looked into yellow ones.

"Chanyeol?" I choked out and I realized we were away from the field, hidden in the overgrowth. He shushed me and in the field I heard growling and shouts like some kind of war was ensuing. I struggled to sit up and Chanyeol gently pushed me back down.

"Don't move Baekhyun," he said softly, "Those cuts are deep I can help you if you--"

"Chanyeol," I whispered and tears unexpectedly blurred my vision. "Why did you do this too me?"

He flinched like I'd slapped him and covered his face with his arm. "I didn't know what they were planning Baekhyun, honestly. Look, they day I went missing...It was because of Suho and the boys. They got confused and thought I was related to your bloodline and instead of you they took me...When they realized the mistake the Dark Lord got angry and turned me instead. Except he didn't finish the job and now--"

"You're half human half werewolf." I stared at the ground, "Why did they want me?"

He brought his arm down from his eyes and sighed "That word you've been hearing? Lucky One? They kept hinting about you to the Dark Lord but I really didn't know what they meant...I guess you have special blood. You gave the Dark Lord a human form."

I tried hard to absorb the information. My bloodline was...special? Cursed even? The Lucky One's blood gives the Dark Lord a human form. I am the Lucky One, and the Lucky One is anything but lucky.

"They promised they would return me to my human form if I told them who you were. I was so scared Baekhyun...please forgive me." he put his hand over mine and I realized i wasn't angry with him. How could I be mad? He was just as unknowing as I was.

"Chanyeol I--" I was cut off my a loud yelp and my heart jumped into my throat. "We have to help right now!" I tried to stand and clutched my side before I was even fully upright. How was I supposed to help Sehun and the other boys in this state?

Chanyeol seemed to notice my troubled expression, "I can help your cuts heal, not fully but they will feel better, just stay still for a second."

I opened my mouth to protest as he brought his wrist to his mouth and bit into his skin with his sharp teeth. I flinched at the sound and he held his arm over my side letting his blood drip onto my open flesh. It stung at first but I watched in wonder as the tissue and skin began to sew itself back together. My head cleared and I felt like I had just had an ice cold energizing drink of water.

I looked up at Chanyeol to thank him. His skin had gotten whiter and his lips were cracked.

Seeing my expression he forced out a laugh,"Don't worry about me. I've just never given that much blood before, I'll be fine. Go."

I nodded and hugged him, pinching his ears, something I did when we first met each other. "Thank you Chanyeol."

I shot up from our hiding space and maneuvered through the trees back to the field careful not to alert anyone of my presence.

It was a complete battlefield.

Everyone was locked in some sort of physical combat, even Tao who had seemed so timid was wailing on Kris. I wasn't entirely sure what I could do, being human, but if my blood was special I could definitely use that as leverage against Taemin.

I watched from behind a large tree trunk as Sehun and Kai fearlessly charged Taemin. Sehun's movements were quick and sharp; a kick to the stomach, a punch to to the face. His teeth were bared and his nails and hair had grown longer. Even from here, I could tell his eyes were glowing brighter than before. He dodged every move Taemin threw at him, but Taemin was just as skilled even with both Sehun and Kai attacking him. Kai...was I imagining things or were his movements timid?

Taemin seemed to realize also because he smiled and kicked Sehun away, grabbing Kai around the throat faster than my human eyes could process. Kai flailed, his feet kicking at air as Taemin lifted him off the ground. I could only watch in horror as the Dark Lord slammed Kai's body into the ground with so much force the dirt and rock split underneath him from the impact.

Sehun roared and tensed, ready to pounce but Taemin shook his head, his hand still around Kai's throat. D.O spun away from Suho and rushed towards Kai, but Sehun shot out and blocked him.

"Kai!" D.O cried, "Taemin stop! Let me go Sehun!"

Taemin smiled demonically and slammed Kai into the ground again. His body jerked and blood spurted from his mouth.

"Lucky One where are you?" he sang, "I'll kill him if you don't show!"

My heart iced over and Sehun yelled, "Don't do it Baekhyun!"

What choice did I have? How could I let Kai die?

Without thinking I charge out into the field, past Sehun and D.O, and right into Taemin's path. He sighed happily and tossed Kai aside like a rag doll.

Sehun was suddenly behind me and he caught my arm, pulling me back into him. "What are you doing?" he hissed into my ear, "He'll--"

I pressed my lips to his, cutting him off. It was a bittersweet moment, but it was worth the warm feeling it gave me. I pulled away and he looked at me confused, his hands cupping my face. I smiled, looking deep into his eyes. I could see the concern, the dread, the worry he had experienced trying to protect me the last couple of weeks. A few hours ago I would have seen nothing but a monster but now...all I could see was his human heart.

I pulled him closer and whispered into his ear,

"Don't let him get my blood. I know he'll weaken because he hasn't had all of it, so whatever you do... don't let him get the rest of my blood."

Before Sehun could react I took his hand and pushed it to my chest.

His sharp claws punctured straight through me and pain lit my entire body on fire. I could hear shouting, yelling, someone calling my name and suddenly everything quietly faded away.

Then there was nothing.