11

It was more than strange to get eleven new students in less than two weeks at SM High School.

"Stay as far away as possible," Sehun had warned me that night in the woods, "I don't know what they're planning."

"I haven't seen Chanyeol in three years and you're telling me to stay away?"

Sehun had grabbed me by the shoulders and looked directly into my eyes, his voice steady and serious, "We can't protect you if one of them gets you alone. For now...Chanyeol seems safe. I can't tell you everything but the others, they're big trouble. Stay. Away."

A day later the same boys; Suho, Lay, Chen, Kris, Luhan and....Chanyeol joined SM.

...

"You still have my sweater?" I lifted my head from the pillow I had imprinted my face in and grinned weakly at the tall figure that stood across the room,

"Of course."

Chanyeol smiled his painfully familiar smile and laid across his bed, staring up at the ceiling.
"It feels so weird to be back."

I sat up and combed the hair from my head back, "Channie...where did--"

"You still call me that?" he interrupted with a laugh rolling over to look at me, "You haven't changed a bit."

"Yeah..." I said slowly, "But you have."

The smile disappeared from his face and he looked down at the floor. "Is that a bad thing?"

I could sense the hurt in his voice and I quickly backtracked, hopping of my bed and going to sit next to him. "Chann...Chanyeol that's not what I meant. There's just something different about you...maybe it's because you've grown up so much."

He snickered and ruffled my hair, "I've only outgrown my nickname only... everything else is the same! I'm still Park Chanyeol."

I forced a laugh and studied his yellow eyes, "Okay..."

~

The next day in History class I couldn't stop eyeing the exit. Two out of the six boys in the group Sehun had warned me of, had the same class period as me. Luhan and Chen were their names and they sat in the seats behind me, whispering things about me I didn't understand. Phrases like "Wanted one" and "Separate from Sehun"

At the end of class I hurriedly gathered my books and headed straight for the door not looking back, although I could feel the two boys hot on my trail. I slowed  in the hallway expecting the bustle of students to create some kind of cover. At my locker I shoved my belongings in angrily. Why was I doing this? Sehun and his friends had only arrived a couple of days ago and already I was playing puppet. He was keeping me from my best friend who I'd though I'd lost and now--

My locker door shut closed unexpectedly, almost catching my fingers in between the metal.

"Yah!" I snapped, spinning around, "Why...?"

The words stuck in my throat as Chen smiled at me and leaned against the locker next to mine. "Why were you in such a hurry Baekhyun?" he asked innocently and Luhan tilted his head, pouting cutely.

"Are you afraid of us or something?"

I swallowed back the hesitation in my voice and smiled, "Of course not! I'm just really hungry so I was trying to get to the cafeteria."

"Why don't you come eat with us then?'' he offered, "Our leader Suho won't mind."

"A-actually" I stuttered, sensing the danger in his voice,"I...um..."

"C'mon Baekhyunnie," Luhan whined, "We're really lot's of fun I promise."

"He's eating with me."

My eyes widened as Sehun approached out of nowhere, his face the usual blank expression. Luhan grinned, an almost evil smile and shook his head at the tall boy.

"I'm sure he was going to say yes to eating with us though, don't get in the way Sehun."

Sehun's arm suddenly came down lazily around my shoulders and I froze as his chin rested comfortably in the crook of my neck. He stared for a few seconds at Chen and Luhan,

"Tch. Go. Before I get angry."

My heart had picked up speed and was going crazy, Sehun's breath tickled my neck when he exhaled and for a couple of seconds I wasn't sure what to do.

"Just play along." Sehun whispered quietly into my ear and I shivered not unpleasantly.

Chen's voice had lost the humor when he spoke, "I think Baekhyun was actually about to agree to come with us so I suggest you go eat in your usual corner." For a second it looked as if his eyes flashed yellow, the same yellow that Chanyeol's eyes were.

The hallways were empty now, and suddenly Suho, Kris, Lay and Chanyeol were behind Chen and Luhan, their arms crossed.

I blinked, not sure if I was imaging things...How did they get here so fast?

"Causing trouble already Sehun?'

D.O's voice.

He was directly behind Sehun and I, that could only mean that the rest of the boys had showed up also.

Suho ran his hand through his hair and sighed, "You're no fun Sehun. We're only trying to make friends with the Lucky One."

I was confused at the nickname...Lucky One?

Sehun abruptly grabbed me by the shoulders and pushed me up against the lockers,

"Friends my ass," he turned to  Xiumin, Kai, D.O and Tao, then back at Suho. "Watch carefully."

Without warning Sehun put one hand on the back of my neck and used the other to cup my chin. Our lips connected once, twice, and then he pulled back letting go of me.

"I've marked him as part of my pack now," his voice was hoarse and he shoved his hands into his pockets staring down everyone.

"If any member of your pack touches him we'll know immediately." he motioned to the boys behind him who looked just as confused as I felt.

"If I find you, you'll really be dead then."

A/N: Sehun's warnings to stay away from Suho's pack have been hard for Baekhyun to follow and now him and Chanyeol are back in the same dorm. What was Sehun trying to achieve by kissing Baekhyun? Also...what's all this talk about the Lucky One? Find out in the next chapter! I hope you enjoyed this part of Don't Call Me Monster!