15

Sehun...

The thought of him came to me naturally and my heart seemed to realize before my head that there was something special about Sehun. Not the monster side of him...but more like the ways he had always been there to help me escape from certain situations. Almost like he was protecting me.

But there was no one to help me now.

Suho and Luhan held Chanyeol back as Chen bound my wrist with a silver cord that cut into my wrist each time I struggled against them. Considering he was a werewolf, Chen had strength ten times the regular human and fighting against him was useless.

"Chen stop!" Chanyeol yelled again, "Seriously what are you guys doing?! No one mentioned anything like this!"

Chen pushed me onto the rock so my back was resting against the trunk of the huge tree, splinters digging into my back and smirked when I winced in pain.

"Chanyeol shut your mouth," Kris snapped and raised his head as if he was listening to something. "He's here."

Everyone immediately froze as footsteps sounded through the forest. I watched in horror as a huge wolf parted the trees, glaring at me with glowing red eyes. The wolf's fur looked woven out of darkness itself, and as it crossed the field it resembled a dark storm cloud moving across a blue sky.

All of the boys bowed and the wolf turned to look at Suho and Luhan as they approached dragging Chanyeol with them.

"This is him?" The deep voice echoed through my head and another wave of dizziness hit me.

Luhan nodded and swallowed hard, "Yes my lord, this is the Lucky One."

The wolf turned it's full attention on me and shivers ran down my spine.

"My Lord," Lay spoke, "Sehun has already marked him, we should begin as soon as possible."

The wolf kept its glowing eyes on me as it approached and I wanted to run but the pain in my side had spread through my body. I had a feeling even if I had been in my usual shape outrunning this demon would be suicide.

"Suho do it," the voice said again, "And hurry, his pack is almost here."

Suho bowed and gave Chanyeol over to Lay. He approached me and I felt a trickled of sweat run down my temple. Suho kept his eyes on me as I watched his nails  grow longer and sharper. He snatched a fistful of my jacket and lighting fast tore through my clothing exposing my ribs. I yelled out in pain as he dug his claws into my side, splitting the flesh and drawing lots of blood. The feeling was like acid being poured directly on to my skin and I writhed trying to remove his fingers.

"Stop it!" I heard Chanyeol yell. Suho grabbed a small vial out of the pocket of his jacket and let several drops of blood run into the container. Finally he removed his nails and I collapsed onto the rock. My breath came in short gasps and my side throbbed viciously. I knew I was close to passing out as my vision faded dark and light back and forth.

I could barely make out Suho crossing to the the dark wolf and dripping my blood into it's mouth. The wolf began to shake like it was being electrocuted and I watched as it's shadowy body began to transform and mold into a human boy. Hair sprouted from his head and clothes melded onto it's form. His bones made sickening snapping noises as they popped into sockets and melded with each other. With a final crack his head snapped forward and his red eyes locked onto mine.

The boy that was once a wolf grinned at me sadistically and wiped the blood off his mouth with the back of his hand. He looked no older than me and my wound began to hurt even more as his red eyes drilled into mine.  I blinked and he was suddenly in front of me, snatching a handful of my hair and pressing our foreheads together.

"You're blood is running in my veins Lucky One," his voice was smooth like honey, not at all fitting his expression, "Once I drink all of it I will be all powerful, not even your precious Sehun can save anyone from me." His grip on my hair slowly lessened and his hands slid from my head to my neck. He yanked me closer and whispered in my ear, "I've been returned to my human form and it's all because of you." His teeth sharpened and he brought my bound wrist to his mouth.

Suddenly, just as his teeth grazed my skin I heard Chanyeol yell, an inhuman roar and he broke away from Lay charging straight towards us. The boy sighed and released me to turn on Chanyeol. Almost with no effort his arm shot and and clamped around Chanyeol's neck and with a simple flick of his wrist sent him flying into the nearest tree. His back smashed into the trunk and he collapsed to the ground, not moving.

I tried to call out but the boy slapped a hand over my mouth with unneeded force. "If you say one word I'll kill your friend. Your Protector and his pack have arrived and we're going to play a little game."

As if on cue there was a sound like the ripping of paper and suddenly D.O, Kai, Tao, Xiumin and Sehun were standing in the middle of the field. Their claws were out and they snarled at Suho Kris, Lay and Luhan who took a threatening step towards them. Sehun looked more crazed than I had ever seen him, his shoulders rising and falling with angry breaths.  Just as he turned towards me, the boy stepped in the way, blocking my view of him.

"Taemin!" Sehun growled, "I'll kill you! Let him go!"

Taemin snickered and leaned down by my ear. His hands slid under my legs and the other supported my neck, "Play along. Shut your eyes or Chanyeol dies."

I did as he asked and I felt him pick me up and turn to face Sehun. "You're too late Sehun. I've already killed him." 

I wanted to call out to Sehun and let him know I was still alive, but the thought of Taemin killing Chanyeol was enough to keep my mouth shut.

"Y-you're lying!" Tao's voice wavered, "The mark should have taken effect by now!"

I felt Taemin's shoulders move as he laughed. "See for yourself!"

Suddenly I was falling as Taemin threw me at his feet. I hit the ground hard and bit the inside of my cheek to keep from crying out.

No, I thought, don't get close! It's a trap!

"Taemin?" It was Kai's voice, he sounded broken, "How could you let the Dark Lord get inside of you?"

 Someone took a tentative couple of steps forward and then...

All hell broke loose.

A/N: One more chapter left guys >.< I hate to make gentle Taemin a bad guy but we'll see how it goes! I hope you enjoyed this part of Don't Call Me Monster!