9

I apologize ahead of time for this chapter. I've been feeling really sick lately and it's hard for me to focus through all the headaches I'm getting.  I will come back and revise later. Thanks!

I followed Sehun close through the thick darkness of the woods. The moon had come out from behind the clouds but that still didn't do anything to prevent me from tripping on every rock or flaw in the ground. Eventually I reverted to loosely grabbing the back of Sehun's jacket to make sure I didn't fall or lose him in the dark. He seemed to know where he was going so I hadn't questioned him yet.

There was also the small fact that he had just saved my life.

I glanced up at him and his face was blank, the only sign of emotion anywhere was his clenched jaw. My mind flashed back to the feeling of his breath on my ear and his lips....I shook my head and focused on my steps. This was no time to fantasize, considering the circumstances I still don't know whether or not to trust him.

We stepped into a small and I let go of Sehun's jacket, the light of the moon illuminating the space enough for me to see.

"We're safe here," he spoke, "The other boys should be here soon."

I wiped the dirt off my cheek and shivered, "Sehun...what just happened?"

He looked at me with his slanted eyes and then back at the moon. "You're going to get answers about everything. But you're probably not going to believe any of it."

I opened my mouth to reply but suddenly the bushes around us began to rustle and the four boys emerged from them.

The baozi looking one...Xiumin, he crossed immediately to Sehun and whispered in his ear. Kai, D.O and Tao crossed to stand behind Sehun and I was left awkwardly shifting my weight in the center of the field. An uncomfortable silence settled over us and I cleared my throat,

"So...anyone want to explain to me what just happened?"

D.O looked at me with something like pity in his eyes and leaned into Kai, "I don't think we should tell him."

Tao  glared at the boy, "If I were in his situation I would want to know."

I rolled my eyes, "Stop talking about me like I'm not here! I just got chased through the woods by some freaky monster and you drag me all the way out here just to talk about me?" As if on cue howling began throughout the woods sounding close and coming from multiple animals. I jumped and I heard Sehun curse. Suddenly  Kai and Tao were in front of me and I could sense Sehun and D.O directly behind.

Sehun put a hand on my shoulder and spoke over the loud howling,"We didn't want to tell you that your friend C--"

All at once, six figures burst into the clearing surrounding us with inhuman like speed. I caught sight of one of them, a tall dark haired boy with glowing yellow eyes. But it wasn't his eyes that caught my attention.

It was his face.

A/N: Who is the strange group of boys that surround Baekhyun and the others? Why did the tall boy catch Baekhyun's attention? Find out in the next chapter! I hope you enjoyed this part of Don't Call Me Monster!