“This is it , lads “ Cait announced , pulling into a stop . “And ladies” She added as an afterthought .

“Lets go” I told Tashie .

It didn't take us long to find the office . It was at the front of the school , a large door with a sign , right beside the front entrance .

Tashie went in first .

“Hey” She said to the lady behind the desk , “We're new .”

Her voice got higher at the end , turning her statement into a question .

“Ah” The lady said , “Let me guess . Natasha Ward , and Hazel Reede . Not many people start school in the middle of the semester .”

She winked , and handed us our schedules . “I'm Bernie , by the way . Here are your schedules , and your locker numbers and combinations . I tried to make them as close together as possible .”

“Thanks” I said , taking my things .

“One last thing” Bernie said , “Here . You need to get this piece of paper signed by all the eachers you have today , and return it to me when school finishes .”

“Can do “ Tashie said . She took both the slips out of Bernie's and , and passed one to me. “Is that all ?”

“Yep” Bernie replied , “Have a good day , guys !”

“First of all , where are our lockers ?” Tashie asked .

“Ummm... I'm number 1134 . What are you ?”I asked .

“1136 !” Tashie exclaimed , “We must be right beside each other then !”

“But where are we ?”

Tashie shrugged . “I have no idea . Hey look , she gave us a map ! That was nice of her ...”

“Does it show the locker numbers ?”

“No .”

“Then it's useless .”

Tashie laughed at me .“What's your first class ?”

“I have homeroom , then … ugh , Maths . But I ave Spanish after that , so that's okay .”

“You have Maths , first class on a Monday ? Hate that . I've got … Science . And then Spanish ! Who's your teacher for that , maybe we have the same one !”

I squinted a me schedule . “Ms Thornton . You ?”

“Same !”

I grinned . “What other classes do we have together ?”

We compared schedules , while searching for our lockers . Eventually , we found them , just before the bell rang . I grabbed my Maths and Spanish books for my next two classes , and ran to find my homeroom .

When I arrived , the bell had rang , but everyone was still walking around and talking . The teacher wasn't there yet , so the kids were going wild.

I sat down quietly in a seat in the middle row . Shortly following this , I was knocked off m chair by a pair of boys running around the classroom .

I blinked , as the walls swirled around me , then coming to a stop at the ceiling .

“I'm sorry , oh Jeez , I'm sorry , I didn't see you there !” Someone gabbled .