Chapter 12

~Lucas's POV~

The walk from my last class to Madelyn's truck didn't go the way I thought it would. 

Now, as I lay on the ground outside the front entrance, I stare up at Madelyn's sisters who are just barley holding off my attackers. The feeling of hating myself starts to creep up to me as I think about how I should be fighting not cowering on the floor like a child.

One of the reasons I can't seem to move, to fight, is because I know who they are.

They are from my old pack and from the few words they said to me, they want me back and it doesn't look like they will take no for an answer.

~Madelyn's POV~

My feet barley touch the ground as I follow his scent to the front doors of the school. 

As soon as my eyes find my mate laying on the ground unconscious, bruises lining his arms and cuts on his face my vision shifts. It's as if my sisters could feel my mood change because they immediately stepped back and I lunged for the men that came to my territory and attacked MY MATE.

My right fist connected with the first man, landing a brutal punch on his jaw that I felt the bone break. 

I felt the other coming for me and went into a backwards spin kick to his ribs, punching him in the face on his way to the ground.

As I look between I see they are no longer conscious.

"Lucky bastards.." I mutter to myself.

"Mad.." I hear Cadence whisper in an unsure voice.

"Call the guards. Tell them to come pick these two up and take them to the lower levels" I whisper to her so that none of the humans circled around us hear.

Walking over to Lucas I kneel down and asses his injuries. 

After seeing that none of them are to severe I carefully lift him into my arms and start my way back to my truck. As I continue to walk the guards rush past me. My sisters join me in the truck after I settled Lucas in his seat.

'They better hope I'm not allowed into the room with them. If I am there will be two more deaths on my hands'.  I think as I continue to drive to the pack house.

~ Back at the house about 15 minutes later~

I park the truck in front of the medical center on the base and jump out and run around to grab Lucas. I ignore the blood stains that formed on my seats because they are replaceable whereas my mate, who is unconscious and currently has a erratic breathing patter, is most certainly not. 

As I walk up to the medical center guards surround me and open the door letting me in where nurses then surround me. I look around for a bed to lay him on and I see Dr. Reed waling up to me with a worried look. 

"What are his injuries?" He asks, assuming what happened.

"He has a few cuts over his body. I am not aware of any broken bones but I would still check because there may be a broken rib somewhere since he did pass out". I say all of this as tear build up in my eyes but I don't let them fall since I am in front of my pack and must remain strong for them and more importantly Lucas.

"Okay lets get his cuts cleaned then we will take him to get some x-rays. Sound good?"

"Do what you got to Doc", is my reply looking him in the eye, "report back to me once you get the x-ray results. I have to go check on the prisoners right now so I will be back."

Someone brings over a stretcher and I lay Lucas down thanking them. Once he is settled I grab his hand and look over his face again. To me he could have a scar the size of Texas across his face and I would still think he is the most beautifully pure being in the world. So as a I stand here looking down at him, seeing all the cuts and bruises upon his face all I can think is that he is mine and his face and body will never experience this pain again because I will protect him from now on and once he is trained he will do the same for me.

I place a kiss on his cheek then nod at the doctor and turn and walk out of the medical center praying the any higher power that works with the moon goddess that my father allows me to kill the two fuckers that laid their filthy hands on my mate.