Chapter 7

Lucas's POV

I watch as Madelyn moves about the room picking things up, dusting, cleaning the already clean room. As she does this I take the chance to look around and take in my surroundings. 

I sit on a black wood bed with white sheets and dark blue pillow cases and comforter. The nightstands are the same color of the bed post. There is pure white carpet across the floor cutting of only when reaching the door to the en-suite bathroom. One wall is full of picture frame scattered across with many pictures being of what I assume  is her family. Another wall is all white with small pictures and paintings added on over time. he third wall had bookcases built in with book filling them up all the way, some even laying on top of the ones actually touching the shelf. 

"I really like your room." I say still looking around. I stop and face toward Madelyn only to see her sitting on a small dark blue couch that I hadn't seen before because it was hidden by the bed. She was already looking at me. 

"I'm glad you like it because it's not just my room anymore" she says with a beautiful smile on her face. I tilt y head a little confused now. Is she moving out or something?

She gets up and walks toward me. She stopped in front of me and brings a hand up to cup my cheek. I immediately lean in to her touch closing my eyes, my wolf purring. "It is our room now". She says causing my eyes to spring open and a happy smile to form on my face. 

Madelyn's POV

3 hours later

I watch Lucas eat. Even while eating he is adorable. He takes small bites from the spoon filled with food then out of nowhere he stuffs the rest into his mouth. He does this every time. 'It's so funny like he is waiting for the food to be okay for him to attack' I say to my wolf laughing silently.

'Mate adorable' she says back purring inside my head.

'Mad I need you to come to my office. I have a few questions for you'  Hear my dad ask me through our mindlink.

'Yes dad. I'll be right there. Give me a few minutes please' I say then cut off the link.

'Gotta find someone to take care of Lucas' I think to myself. 

I decide to call Aubrey and ask her. 

"Hey Aubrey can you come watch Lucas for me? I gotta meet my dad for a few minutes" I say looking at Lucas who gives me a sad look causing me to walk over and hop up onto the counter and pull his head into my lap till he smiles making me smile back. 

"Yeah sure Mad, but do you think he will be comfortable with me?" she asks.

I look down at Lucas pulling the phone from my ear. "You will be okay with Aubrey right? You can trust her" I say to him and he nods.

"I trust you so if you trust her I will be okay" he says bowing his head then looking back up at me, his eyes showing complete trust.

I smile at him and answer Aubrey saying he will be good then hang up and make Lucas stand up and stand between my legs. I hold his face in my hands and bring our foreheads together. "You make me happy. Happy to be an Alpha, happy to be a girl, and most of all happy to have such a good mate" I say to him watching a smile bloom across his face and a blush rise to his cheeks.

"I am happy I met you. You saved me" he said closing his eyes. I didn't miss the single tear that slid down his face either.