Chapter 10

Madelyn's POV

So I was about to continue to get some very much wanted attention from my beautiful mate. He was literally carrying me to the shower then SOMEBODY had to go and knock on the damn door. Want to know who it was? 

"Hey Mad just wanted to say goodnight. Can I come in?" my FATHER asks. 

My freaking dad is at the door asking to come into my extremely arousal smelling room. Do I let him in?

"Huh?- oh hey dad" I said back. Yup, I am so pulling the 'I was just asleep and you woke me up' card.

"Oh sorry sweetheart go back to bed. 'May the light of a thousand stars shine upon you, may the love of a thousand angles now surround you, may any troubles of you day be behind you,may the sweetest of sweet dreams always find you' Anna Taylor. I love you baby girl" he says to me, making my heart swell with the love I feel from my father.

"I love you too dad. To the moon and back a thousand times" I say having the tears in my eyes that always appear when we say our quotes to each other every night.

As I hear his footsteps walk away I feel a push in my mind and know it's someone trying to mind link me.

'I know you guys were getting it on. SO DON'T!' My father's firm voice says.

"Well that's embarrassing" I say looking into Lucas's eyes laughing.

~The next morning~

Waking up to something shaking against me was slightly frightening, more so had I not known that it was my mate. As to why he was shaking I was about to find out. 

As I look down I see his eyes squeezed tightly shut, his mouth forming unintelligible words as he grips my shirt and kicks against the cover. I hurriedly remove the covers from us both and begin to speak into his ear.

"Lucas, baby? I need you to wake up, okay? It's Madelyn sweetheart, no one will ever hurt you again as long as I can protect you okay? Hun, can you wake up for your mate?"  I whisper into his ear, my eyes closed as I pray to the goddess that he will escape from his memories because I know that what he is seeing right now is as far away form a nightmare as it can be.

As I continue his grip lessens on my shirt and his kicking stops as his eyes soften then slowly begin to open. The tears glisten in his bright hazel eyes, so many emotions swimming in them that as soon as I get one it races away not letting me comprehend it. 

"I-it's bad Madelyn. I ca-can't handle it a-alone any-anymore. Th-they are always showing up when I-i can't make them g-go aw-away. Pl-please. Please ma-make it st-stop" each word was spoken as if someone were choking him, forbidding him from speaking the words.

"Everyday for the rest of our lives. It's not long and I am about to steal from Twilight but no amount of time with you will be enough but how about we start with forever. Sounds good doesn't it?" I say ending with a smile on my face reflecting onto his.

I know that every word I just spoke assured him that he means something to me, more than anybody. 

Ever.

I think those were the exact words he needed to hear. Now if only I could find the damn bastards that poison his mind, the only place I can't protect him from.