Chapter 5

I walk through the forest towards the whimpering I hear.  I walk through a wall of trees and see a big clearing with wild flowers sprouting everywhere. There is a little walk way through the flowers. I follow the path and soon find myself in front of the most blue lake I have ever seen. As I look up over to the sky I hear another whimper and look towards the water and see Lucas in the middle of the lake being held above the water by a shadowy figure and instantly growl. The figure turns toward me I think and I hear laughing coming from the figure. Lucas's  whimpers get louder and louder till he is screaming.

I sit straight up in bed and look down at Lucas to see tears rolling down his face and him screaming " NO! I'M SORRY! NO! PLEASE!"

I scream " Lucas wake up! LUCAS?!? WAKE UP!!!"

His eyes spring open and he twist his head around like he's looking for someone and then sees me and instantly flings his arms around my waist and laying his head on my stomach and crying his eyes out.

I whisper softly to him "Shh no one will hurt you ever again. I will always protect you,".

He cries for two more hours by that time it is 4 o'clock and the rest of the pack will be getting up soon for training that I'm supposed to lead 'Shit' I think to myself.

I look down and see Lucas just looking up at me with big hazel eyes. He says "I want to protect you too".

I nod and smile at him and ask him "Do you want to come to training with me?" He nods smiling.

We walk down to the first floor then out the back door and head into the woods till we get the training field. I see everyone is here and some glance at my mate and some have lustful gazes and I silently growl at them telling them through the mindlink 'DO NOT LOOK AT MY MATE!' then instantly bow down to me.

"Is everyone here?" I ask with a stone cold look. Can't be weak around these guys then you lose respect.

"Gosh Mad don't go biting our heads off yet." I whip my head around to see Aubrey coming forward with my sister. Well the ones in high school.

"Ha what are you doing here? You never come to training. You fatass." I hear a whimper behind me and turn around to see Lucas frowning at me but then look away when he sees me looking at him. "What's wrong? Do you not like cursing? I'm sorry baby I promise I won't do it again especially not in front of you." I apologize while bringing my hand up and cupping his cheek and smiling at him and watch as his face soon morphs into a smile.

"Damn girl you whipped." I whip my head around. 'Ha get it cause she just said whipped-'

'Alyssa shut up' Makena says to me while rolling her eyes.

"Leave me alone. Oh Aubrey, this is my mate. Lucas Mason." I say smiling at my mate so proud to have the perfect person in the whole world all to myself.

Lucas greets Aubrey with a small 'hi' and she walks up to him and hugs him. I growl at her.

'SHE TOUCH  MY MATE!' Makena growls. I slowly start losing control of her.

So you see since I am a dominant I have very little control of my wolf in the first place but since I am also female it makes it kinda worse since my body isn't as strong or as big as a males. So when she touched my mate without my permission I lost it.

"Aubrey, step away from him. Please I don't want to have to hurt you." I growl out while clenching my fists and squeezing my eyes shut trying to control Makena.

I feel tingles on my face and instantly calm down. 'Da fuck'. I open my eyes and see Lucas looking down at me with a worried slightly scared expression on his face which makes me feel guilty for scaring him knowing that he has some sort of painful past.

I pull him into a hug and say 'it's okay' softly in his ear and listen to his heart beat slow down. "I'm gonna start training now so get ready" I say while chuckling and smiling at him.

Three hours later I finally say training is over and everyone is gone before I even finish the sentence.

"Can we go in now?" I hear the soft yet low voice of my mate say.

I turn around and look at him. "Of course baby. We can go get you into the shower so you can smell all clean again" I say while smiling at him and watching him smile back at me.

"Madelyn?" I shiver because the sound of my name rolling off his tongue feels good and leaves my wolf purring.

"Yes baby" I say and walk closer to him and take his hand in both of mine.

"I like training. I like you to..." He says while looking down and blushing on the last part.

'He likes us' I think to myself. "I like you to sweetheart. You the only boy in my life from now on until the day we die and after that." I say to him meaning every part.

He looks up or down at me and smiles his beautiful smile causing me to smile brightly back at him.

"Let's head home".