Chapter 8

Madelyn's POV

As I walk into my dads office I start to wonder if maybe this meeting is about Lucas. 

Lucas was obviously a rogue. We all know this and because of that my personal family and I are going to have to fight through our opinions of rogues because they are of course not all the same. 

I look up and see my dad sitting behind his desk finishing a paper it seems, as he does this I walk over to one of the chairs in front of his desk and sit of course. Yeah, because I was totally going to stand on it. Not the sarcasm please.

I survey my fathers office just like every time I walk in here. I see all the family photos he keeps on his dark brown wood desk and the big cabinet sort of thing he has behind his desk. I see the packs symbol in gold above his large TV. The black couch under the TV, and the small book shelf next to it. It isn't much but his office isn't that big so the little amount of furniture makes it seems bigger than what it really is.

I assume he finishes whatever he is working on because then he looks up and smiles at me, and of course I return the smile back to him. 

"Hey baby girl how are you?" he says, a fondness in his eyes that always makes me proud to be his daughter.

"I'm good. Just hanging out a lot, going to training every day, and taking care of the pack. How about you dad?" I say truthfully.

"I'm good, I'm good," he says shuffling some of his papers around, "I actually wanted to talk to you about something. That something being-" I cut him off.

"Lucas".

"Yeah, Lucas. Look, I am very happy you found your mate, and I know you will take care of him and hopefully him you, but we still have to think about the pack Mad", he says with a conflicted expression on his face, "We don't want him to bring other rogues to our pack, and for them to attack. Mates are very special, but family, which is what our pack is, are a little more important. We don't want anyone to get hurt, and we certainly don't want what happened to.... Michael to happen to anyone else" he says hesitating a little, looking down as he says his name. 

I look down and think about all the people that could get hurt. I know for a fact that there is something terrible that happened to Lucas in the past and if him running away brings his pack to us an they attack I don't even want to think what would happen to our pack.

"I know what happened to .... him was something that," I stopped to take a few calming breaths,"but I promise that I will never let anyone in this pack get hurt like that ever again. Even if it kills me in the process" I say, determination in my voice.

My dad nods, sending me a sad proud smile as I stand up and start too leave his office.

Walking down the hall I start to think about him. 

Michael.

It hurts hearing his name again. Michael he..he was always so happy, never giving up or letting anyone bring him down. So carefree, almost like he was rebelling but still following all the rules. What happened to him should not be something that ever happens to another living being, unless it's the people that did that inhumane action.

Someday I am going to find whoever hurt him and they are going to lead me straight to whenever they hid him.

I am going to kill them and let them experience the pain that Michael experienced. We only ever got to see him through the pictures they sent us to taunt us. 

We never found him. 

Everyone assumes he is dead. 

I know, in my heart that he isn't.

I know this because he would never let people as pitiful as them ever let them kill him.

Michael Arellano, my twin brother.