Chapter 9

I awoke feeling lightheaded; my eyes fluttered open and I pushed my body up to survey my surroundings.

I was laying on a large double bed and when I looked forward,  I was confronted by the open space of a kitchen and to the right, a lounge.

The apartment wasn't small by any definition of the word; it's contemporary style really appealed to me.
The whole space was silent apart from some music being played quietly in the lounge.
I managed to get out of bed and expected to feel the dull throb of a headache, yet I was confronted with unknown sensations ;I felt utterly weightless and unbelievably happy.

I almost hopped out of bed as yesterday's events reentered my brain; I used the process of elimination to finally find the most significant and important memories ; me and Jesse kissing. a blush spread over my cheeks as I thought about it.

I've never been kissed like that ,ever.
My lips tingled in anticipation.
A smile began to grow on my face.

Jesse.

For some reason, I desperately want to see him; honestly, I miss him.
It sounds completely crazy considering I barely know him but I miss his bright grey eyes, his beautiful smile, his white hair, the feel of his lips against mine.

Shaking my head to rid the blossoming thoughts, I realise that there are more important tasks at hand.
Firstly: finding out where I am.

Gingerly walking across the wooden floorboards, to the source of the noise, I look down and almost gasp at what I see.
I'm sporting a long black shirt with loose fitting jeans.
Searching my brain trying to remember whether I changed my clothes, a familiar mint scent swarmed my senses.

All thoughts of possible danger flew away as I forced my gaze up.

My breath hitched in my throat at the sheer sight of him.

Jesse was busy in the kitchen, prepping various foods.
He swiftly moved around the small space, directing his attention to the chopping board and the meat that sizzled on the hob.

His back was the only thing I saw, and I nearly dribbled as I watched his back muscles flex and undulate.

Almost as if he sensed my presence, he turned around and I was faced with his complete beauty.
He wore an outfit extremely similar to mine, the only noticeable differences being that his clothes were very loose on my petite body, and on him they were a perfect fit.

Quit drooling! You need answers!!! My thoughts swarmed me, pulling my out of my daze.
But for some reason, my heart swelled whenever I looked at him.
A smile unconsciously grew on my face when I was with him.
What's happening to me? I barely know him! My subconscious argued persistently.

I tried to find my voice, but I could barely keep my heart beat at a steady pace whilst in his presence.

Luckily for me, he initiated the conversation, " how are you feeling?"

I ignored his question and countered "what happened? I can't remember anything after..." A blush spread on my cheeks at the thought and I immediately regretted looking into his eyes and seeing them twinkle in amusement.
"What happened?" I asked again, my impatient tone serving to further his enjoyment.

I offered him my most threatening glare, my patience  drawing dangerously thin.

For an undeterminable amount of time we stood, him in the kitchen, me in the doorway between him and the bedroom, staring each other down.

Finally, his grey eyes diverted from my hard glare.
A small smile threatened to line my lips at the victory.

I waited for him to give me a well deserved explanation, but to my complete surprise he advanced towards me and pinned me to the nearest wall in an iron grip.
The abruptness of his advance stilled my body as I thrashed against his hands for release.

"Stop it" he said, like he was trying to soothe a crazed animal.
His tone only furthered my anger and my escape attempts.

Eventually, after realising I wasn't going to win any physical battle against him, I stopped my violent movements and dropped my head to my chest.

"Look at me" he commanded softly.

"Why won't you just tell me what happened?" I ask in defeat, ignoring his words.

"Because I want you. More than anything, and if I tell you what happened you'll run. I can't lose you, I can't lose this" He replied quietly as if he were admitting something and unsure of the consequences.

Sadness overrode my senses and before I could comprehend my movements, I lifted my head and brought my hands to the nape of his neck, gripping the smooth white hair, and pulled his face to mine.

I hoped that in every kiss I showered on his face he would understand this: I would never leave him. I couldn't run away from him even if I tried, because realisation dawned on me in sudden bright outbursts of light.

I gasped at the sight of the whiteness that blossomed in front of me.
All I could see was Jesse. He was immune to the light. It covered the outlines of his body like a halo.

Images suddenly appeared in front of me, all of Jesse with me.
Pictures of us together looking unbelievably happy.
Images of children with beautiful white hair and grey eyes.

The only unnerving picture in the mix being one I couldn't comprehend.

It was me and Jesse in the woods, but suddenly Jesse transformed into something else, an animal.

A wolf.