Chapter 4

Natalie POV:

"You must be Jesse Parker" Mrs Strong says whilst walking to her desk and picking up a new book and other vital bits and pieces.
He declines his head in confirmation as the teacher orders him to take the only empty seat in the room: next to me.

With inhumane swiftness, he strolled over to me , making himself comfortable in the plastic chair.

Releasing a breath I didn't know I held, I looked over at him, only to notice his grey irises surveying my facial features.

Immediately feeling self-concious, a blush begins to spread over my cheeks but by some miracle, I maintain eye contact.

He's wearing a fitted black top that clings to his torso, outlining his impressive muscles whilst denim jeans loosely hug his legs. But my thoughts were soon interrupted by the pleasant tone I've come to loathe.

"Miss Roberts, care to enlighten the class on what we are doing this lesson?i just mentioned it but I'm not sure everyone heard" She spoke in a mocking tone.

Bitch. I had absolutely no clue and didn't want to embarrass myself further when Jesse unexpectedly pipes in:

" You want the class the complete an essay based on how 'power and conflict' is portrayed in 'To kill a mockingbird'"
He says whilst his beautiful face adorns an impassive, expressionless look.

How on earth did he know that? He was busying himself with glaring at me , like we were involved in a telepathic conversation.

"Okay thankyou Mr Parker" She stutters but quickly recovers as she tells the class the have the essay finished by Friday.

~
Class went by in a infuriatingly slow manner and when the bell finally rung, I grabbed my belongings, stuffing them into my bag.
But I moved too quickly, as my textbooks fall the the floor, littering the surface with all of my notes and work.

"Shit" I mutter as I kneel on the floor collecting my things when a second pair of hands reaches down helping me.
Once I had everything packed and was just about to leave , I looked into the eyes of my helper , readying myself to thank them.

I found myself looking into the eyes of Jesse. Deciding to initiate the conversation I anxiously said
"Thank you for the help, I'm so clumsy!
By the way, which class are you in next, I can help you find your room"

" Calculus with Mr Teedale"

"Same!we can walk together" I said enthusiastically while he murmured in agreement.

Entering the hallway, he started to ask me questions about my life, in which I replied that my every existence was dull and mundane, as I followed a certain routine everyday single day.

In the brief time we had on our walk to maths I found out that he recently moved here from Vancouver, and lived with his adopted family.

Yet I couldn't shake off the feeling that something wasn't quite right. Despite this, I found myself entranced by him, craving to know more.