Chapter 8

Before I write this chapter I just want to say thank you to everyone who is reading this book- my first book!:)
Please vote and comment if you enjoy!;)xx

~

It takes me a moment to fully register what is happening before I intervene.

Jesse is repeatedly punching Luke who is covered in his own blood and looks unconscious.

Time seems to slow down as I watch jesses arm flex , a clear indication he's about to throw another brutal hit.

Running over I almost collide into Jesses back as I softly grab his clenched hand.

His hand flinches under my light touch as if he's readying himself to pounce on me , yet when his hardened grey eyes meet mine, his gaze immediately softens , as well as his fist which eventually returns to being open palmed.

"Stop" I barely whisper , my throat becoming abnormally constricted.

I'm pretty sure that I'm physically trembling - recovering from the abrupt outburst.

Jesse swiftly turns towards me and engulfs me in a tight hug whispering reassuring words into my ear.

I don't think he understands that the reason I'm shaking is because of him.

Ive never witnessed such violence in the whole of my existence and the shock of the scene is suddenly coursing through my veins in merciless, unrelenting spirals.

" Mr. Parker you need to come with me right now to the principals office" the coach angrily pipes in from behind me which completely differs from his usual casual tone.

Recognition of the seriousness of the situation hits me like a truck.

Jesse reluctantly peels himself away from my body but not before he muttered into my ear :
" 12.45 the coffee shop"

Jesses confidently strides out of the gymnasium, the adrenaline from the fight still coursing through his body.

~

Silence swarms the changing rooms, most likely on my behalf because when I depart the girls will burst into the inescapable world of gossip.

I'm still internally reeling from the malicious encounter, completely unsure of how to approach Jesse.

The period before lunch remains the same , students actually concentrating on their work.
I receive all kinds of glares , mainly sympathetic glances, but the odd stare of hatred from the people who know Luke.

I count the last few minutes before the bell is due to ring and when it finally does I practically jump out of my seat and begin the short trek to the coffee shop, craving answers.
Because why would Jesse be so protective when I'm pretty sure he doesn't even like me?

The walk consists of me nearly getting trapped in the complicated web of my mind.

The main emotion persistently running through me is anger.

I could handle Luke. If he tried anything I would've denied him.

But a small part of me wonders why I was so reluctant to let Luke kiss me.

Me and Jesse haven't talked about what kind of relationship ours is, and I need the knowledge just to keep my thoughts at bay , as well as my emotions.

I round the corner, about to enter the coffee shop, when the familiar revving of a black sports car transports me into reality.

I stroll around the front of the car and sit down on the plush leather seats without hesitation.

As soon as I slam the door closed ,Jesse changes gear and zooms off into the distance.

"Did you get expelled" I nervously glance in his direction.

"3 day suspension" he says,leisurely.

I allow my eyes to close as I reenter the disastrous world of my thoughts.

Do I want to be with Jesse ?
Since that night 2 years ago I haven't trusted a boy or potential boyfriends.
But for some reason unknown to me, with jesse, I can feel the emotional barriers I put round myself crack and shatter.

The slowing of the car rapidly transports me back into the modern day trivialities I tend to avoid , as the engine grumbles into a soft purr.

Opening the car, I realise that Jesse has taken me to a hiking destination, multiple footpaths leading to the mountains and cliffs.

"What are we doing here?" I ask inquisitively, staring up at the forever increasing gradients.

"We are going for a lovely afternoon walk" he leisurely replies,showing no signs of anxiousness at what we both know I will answer with.

"I'm not skipping school" I said looking directly into his irises which currently showed various shades of grey which swirled together to form something rather intimidating.

"I need to talk with you"

I feign contemplation before I offer him a reply,
"No. We can do it in after school hours, so just take me back to school"

He slowly strides towards me giving me the impression that he is actually doing  to what I'm asking.
As soon as I turn around towards the car and enter a comfortable, reasonably happy state, I'm whirled up into the air and all my gaze focuses on before I collide with a muscled back is a beautiful swarm of blond hair.

"Put me down NOW!" I yell pounding at his back.
"Hear me out Natalie, we need to talk don't you agree?"

"I'm pretty sure it's not illegal to talk to me AFTER SCHOOL" I scream at his back.

"The only way you get me to do what you want is by force and manhandling"
After I say this I can feel the immediate stiffen of his back.
He unexpectedly grabbed my waist and pulled me down so our faces were level, my feet dangling above the ground, our faces inches away from each other.

I could smell each minty breath, see each eyelash momentarily flutter close, but most enchanting of all, his lips that patiently await my loving touch.

My eyes lingered on his lips for moments on end, I could feel his eyes surveying my face aswell.
His scorching eyes left intricate burns patterned into my skin that instantaneously reddened at the pure sight of him.

Before I could comprehend the movement, he swiftly and quickly pushed me up against the nearest tree.

The slight pain caused by the bark that dug into my back was locked in the furthest crater of my mind as suddenly Jesses lips met mine in a moment of utter bliss.

His hands,firmly on my waist, abruptly pulled me towards him , my legs now clinging to his hips.

My hands roamed his face , tugging the blonde hair that pooled at the nape of his neck as I craved the closeness.

I don't know how long we were like that ; our bodies so close they could of been mistaken for a singular person.

All I know is that in those precious
Moments when Jesse fiercely claimed my lips , I felt a surge of light from deep within me growing and growing until it burst in a visible mass of white rays illuminating nothing but Jesse.

He abruptly pulled back from my lips and searched my face which radiated confusion.

The last thing I saw before a sudden blackness completely overcame me was Jesses knowing smile and the whispers he emitted from his swollen lips as his hand was massaging the back of my head:
"It's okay Nat , I'm right here"

With those words , I fell into the cold hands of darkness.