Chapter 5

Today is Friday. The end-of-semester party was looming and it was all anybody seemed to talk about.

Yesterday evening me ,Lily and Robyn went to the closest mall (which happened to be 40 minutes away) and bought outfits for the party.

It's now 8.00pm and we are camped at Robyn's house applying makeup and putting on our clothes

Lily curled my hair into loose waves whilst she ruffled her hair into a messy updo.

Josh arrived earlier to pick Robyn and she was a bundle of nerves , hoping she looked beautiful.
Yet Robyn always appears pretty even when she isn't trying - she is lucky to be naturally radiant.

"You ready?" Lily calls from the bathroom.
"10 minutes" I replied, rushing into my dress.

I saved up two weeks worth of wages just to afford this piece of fabric, but looking at myself in the mirror, I realise it was worth it.

The dark material clung to my curves and exposed most of my legs and arms whilst the top half of the dress was reasonably daring with pieces of cut out material showing my tanned skin beneath.

Lightly dusting my face with bronzer, I shout to lily that I'm ready to go and she yells back confirmation.

Within the next few moments we vacate the house and jump into my small,silver car before heading off into the depths of the forest.

~

Arriving at our destination, we excitedly leave the car and walk, admittedly slowly due to our heels ,into the large wooden cabin bustling with half drunk teenagers.

Jacks family own the cabin and mainly use it for hunting purposes therefore it's usually empty since his relatives rarely utilise the space.

The wooden cabin has be rearranged so as soon as we entered we were on the dance floor and right at the back of the room was the DJ quarters and makeshift bar.

Twenty one pilots started blaring and Lily yelled in my ear " I LOVE this song !!lets dance!!"
She pulled me forward towards the centre of the room and for a while I forgot all of the stresses of human life and allowed myself to relax and recognise the blooming perks of my usually boring life.

I don't know how much time has passed, but the sky is now dark,only illuminated by the starlight and white moon.
I just finished another tequila shot, slamming it down on the Hard surface of the bar , when arms roughly grabbed me from behind, pulling me out of the cabin , towards the Black Forest.

I tried screaming, alerting anyone of my presence but everybody appeared drunk therefore unresponsive.

We abruptly stopped , I could only just make out the cabin , the bright lights enticing me forward, but my attempts of escape were useless as calloused hands gripped my biceps.
I cried out in pain and tried thrashing my legs against the person but they wouldn't lighten up on their hold of me.
Mentally swearing profusely, I closed my eyes, readying myself for further pain, when suddenly my arms were freed and I stumbled back in relief and shock.

Because it was so dark, I couldn't comprehend what just happened, I could only hear loud growls of fury erupting from an unknown creature that lurked in black depths.
As the growls quietened, I could make out the muffled moans of discomfort and pain ooze from what could only of been the man that grabbed and dragged me here.

A sudden silence chorused in the forest, not even the scurrying woodland animals were audible.

"Are you hurt?" a distinctive voice asked in an angered tone.

Jesse.

"No" I whispered ,traumatised by the 'what ifs' of the situation.

Muscled arms lifted me from the ground as I was carried bridal-style back towards the light the cabin offered, not giving the recovering body on the floor a second glance.

I relaxed as I pushed my head against Jesses chest, listening to the erratic beat of his heart. "Thank you Jesse"
I look up into his grey eyes and his hardened gaze softens when his gaze meets mine.

I nuzzle into his chest, surprised at how  comfortable I am with him.

We quickly enter the car park , and I reluctantly open my eyes to be confronted by a worried looking Lily who runs over to us.

"Where were you Nat? I feel a bit sick so was thinking about going home but I couldn't find you" She gives me an anxious glance.

I'm not good at thinking on the spot and didn't want Lily knowing about what happened because I just want to forget everything - and I didn't want to be the cause of stress and trouble especially when we have our finals in a couple of months.

Jesse seems to catch on when I give him a pleading look
" I found her in the forest and she was being repeatedly sick so I brought her back here so you can both go home and sleep off your hangovers"
His face impassive as always.

Gently placing me on my legs I sway slightly before walking towards my car.

" What in seven hells do you think your doing?!" Jesse bellows at me before striding over to me,putting a hand around my waist to prop me up.

"Your drunk. Were going in my car , I haven't had any alcohol"

                               ~
Jesse drops Lily off and she gave me a tight, reassuring hug before departing.

Now it was just me and him sitting in an awkward silence.
I look over at him and see his knuckles pale , his grip on the steering wheel tightening.
He sat like this for moments on end before deciding to speak.
" I want to kill him for what he was going to do to you" he barely whispered.
I place my soft hand over his and feel his grip loosen until his right hand is completely off the wheel and clutching mine in a protective, loving way making my heart flutter and lungs temporarily de-oxygenate.

"I just want to forget about it and move on." I replied honestly.

His jaw tightened, a blatant sign of anger from a lack of justice.

We arrived at my suburban house earlier than anticipated , but then again , Jesse owns an extremely expensive car.

I'm not interested in cars , but even someone like myself could tell that his mode of transport was costly from the streamline curves that adorned the black paint job to the leather interior.

I was just about to get out of the car when his hand reached forward, clasping mine, urging my body to move closer towards him.

Obeying my body's signals I angled my tanned face towards his pale one and felt his hand reach up and brush a lock of hair behind my ear whilst maintaining eye contact.

We were mere inches away from each other, and as I slowly leaned forward , his whole body stiffened.I felt his hold on me loosen until he turned his body away from mine.

I couldn't feign the shock and disappointment that emerged from my facial features as I quickly vacated the car , refusing to look back.

But Temptation coursed through my veins so I uncontrollably turned around to face Him but was met with a gust of wind that trailed behind his already moving car.