Chapter 2

History went by in a peaceful blur, as my favourite subject I always get so excited before History lessons and pay 100% attention to the subjects at hand.

Now sitting with Lily and Robyn in Biology , we were practically sprawled across the desks, bored as hell.

"Ok class, now complete the questions on pages 56-59 in your textbooks. You have the rest of the lesson."

Me and my friends looked at the clock in unison and saw that we had 40 minutes left.
Groaning in mental pain, I tried to concentrate on the work.
I tried-I really did, but none of this would sink into my anti-science orientated brain.

Lily held the same confused expression whereas Robyn has always been amazing at biology and was finishing the questions quicker than you could say 'brainiac'.
~
5 minutes. My eyes were glued to the clock, wishing time would speed up.
After copying the answers from Robyn, we had loads of spare time, so decided to talk 'boys'. Something I severely enjoyed.....not.

Our year consisted of 130 students. 70 of which were male, but of course most of them fit into the categories 'cocky twat' or 'nice but not attractive'.
Only a couple of boys managed to avoid being categorised because they happen to be my closest friends Ben , Jackson and Noah.

Robyn was updating us on her recent date with a boy named Josh who happens to be a footballer for the school, but also has a reasonably nice personality, especially for a guy with looks as good as his.

"He's asked me to be his date for the end-of-semester party! " Robyn squealed in anticipation.

Me and Lily offered her an encouraging smile as we started organising a trip into the nearest city for a "fashion revival" as Lily calls it - which reduced me into a helpless fit of giggles.

As soon as the bell sounded we grabbed our bags and almost ran out of the classroom, our last destination before lunch- the dreaded gym lesson.

~

Falling, tripping and being generally useless is the only way I can describe myself during physical education.

We were now in the small changing rooms, quickly throwing our clothes on so we could be first in line for the cafeteria.
Exercise makes me REALLY hungry and when I'm seriously starving, I'm very unpredictable, as in say the wrong thing I would punch you.

High waisted jeans lightly clutched my legs whilst a black lace top adorned my torso.
My natural dark brown curls hung loosely on my back contrasting with my top.

Glancing over at Lily and Robyn, I signalled that I was ready to depart, but not before applying some nude lipgloss onto my dry lips.

Grasping our bags, we left a few minutes early - utilising that precious time we headed to the cafeteria to get lunch.

~

Greedily looking down at my burger, I took a large bite and had to resist moaning at the meaty-goodness.

Our group has been sitting at the same table, overlooking the mountainous terrain, for the whole of our high school life. It's one of the only peaceful things we have during the erratic never-ending days.

"Hey y'all !" Noah exclaims attempting to master the Texan accent but failing miserably leaving me in hysterics.

"You absolute idiot" I speak whilst wiping tears out of my eyes,my lips still smiling on their own accord.

Noah leans down and gives us all a friendly hug , his hands lingering on Lily.

Sometimes I find it strange how no one has noticed that Noah loves Lily considering I've known since kindergarten. He hasn't verbally confirmed it, but my perceptive eyes have picked up everything over the past years, and that's confirmation enough.

Noah sits to the left of Lily, the closest vacant seat next to the window.
He playfully grabs her coke bottle on the table and takes a long swig before putting it down.

"Noah! I love my coke so don't you dare !!!" Lily yelled, flipping her strawberry-blonde hair over her shoulder, feigning anger.

We were making small talk for the next five minutes , comparing our calculus test results, and laughing at how bad our scores were. We heard Ben and Jackson before we saw them - Bens distinctive chuckle and Jacksons hard-sole shoes loudly colliding with the floor.

Jackson is my next door neighbour and I've basically known him for the whole of my life.
Last year he came out,and is now openly gay, crushing many girls hearts because of his abnormally good looks.
He's the typical blue eyes and blonde hair combo who majors in music. I genuinely felt bad for all the girls who hoped to be serenaded by him.

Ben on the other hand is extremely athletic, sporting brown eyes and dirty blonde hair.Hes never been in a proper relationship before and I've got my theories as to why- as I said - I'm perceptive.

They pulled back their chairs, sat down and hungrily pulled out their lunch.

Lunch hour passed swiftly and smoothly with no more drama from the "blonde demons".

~~~~~~~~

On Wednesdays, we all luckily shared the same fifth period - English.
We congregated towards the back of the classroom, I claimed a desk to myself with Robyn and lily sitting in front of me readying themselves to spin their chairs around and converse.
Robyn flicked her shoulder-length blonde hair over her shoulder just as our strict teacher entered the room and ordered her to turn around and open her book, she rolled her eyes in defiance, but slowly did as she was told.

Mrs Strong just began explaining the lesson and our analyse of "to kill a mockingbird" when the door swung open and the most breathtakingly handsome man I've even seen in my existence strolled into the room.