Chapter Forty-Four: Dalton Was Scheming Something....

"Oh hell no!" I squeaked a little noticing a huge billboard on the side of a giant building. On it were two well-known faces with great big smiles and under their crossed arms was their names: Jay and Molly. "Dalton!"

"What?" He had the hints of a smile on his face but his eyes quickly turned to worry.

"I can't, no," We pulled into the parking lot after two bulky men let us through. The place was packed but Dalton was able to find a place to back near the front. In front of us I could see the small sign on the wall that said reserved parking. "Dalton are you crazy?"

"Half the time," He shrugged lightly.

"Dalton, I'm serious! I'm not going out on there with you, I'll have a freak attack." I would not know how to function out on the stage in front of a million people. "You are out of your mind!"

"Angel calm down," He was chuckling. Why was he laughing? I was scared out of a skin over this and he was laughing? "It's just me going out on the camera, not you. I wanted to bring you along. Alright, calm down sweet cheeks."

I did calm down. A lot. That butt.

"You're an ass," I grumbled hiding my cheeks as he kissed my forehead.

"The one and only," He grinned. "That's what Charlie says," He make me laugh a little at that and quickly he was forgiven. "Though..."

"What?" That came out of my mouth full of fear.

"If you would like, you can join me. Molly has been dying to meet you after she found out about you." He gave me a sweet smile that make my heart melt but I still wasn't going out on the set with him. Nope, end of story. I shook my head as the answer and he just nodded lightly. "Alright Angel," He pecked my lips which made me smile.

"What time are you going on?"

"Uh," He pulled out his phone to see the time. "Twenty minutes."

"Are you serious?"

"As much as Charlie thinks I'm an ass." Would he stop making me giggle, we need to get him into the building and ready to get on. He needed to clean up. I know that sounded stupid for me to say but he could use a little bit of touching up...like his hair and his stubble could be trimmed a little. There was that one piece sticking out that I've been wanting to cut off because it was so bothersome in my eyes. Wow, now I see what it feels like for my mother. Only, for her, it's like a million times crazier. That is not an exaggeration.

I followed Dalton into the building and there was a simple layout to the whole place, that's how it usually at these kind of things, so it wasn't hard to find things. We were led by a back stage worker to dressing room until Dalton needed to be called on. I noticed a simple chocolate cake sitting on a coffee table in front of the couch.

"Are you kidding?" Dalton chuckled while grabbing a fork and taking a big bite out of the cake. "Do you really ask for cake in your dressing room?" I was laughing. It was too funny because out of all the things that he could request, he asks for that.

"The perks of being a famous country singer," He grinned. There was chocolate at the counter of his mouth. I kept staring at it as he continued to talk, "Have you seen Peaches list of requests? She asks for a lot of food, certain make-up, and spring water from Alaska," I didn't even know what he was saying.

"Dalton," I motioned to the counter of his lip.

"What?" He took a step up to me.

"You have chocolate at the corner of your lip," I smiled lightly as his cheeks tinted red. He reached up and wiped his cheek as I giggled quietly.

"Dalton, you're up in five."