Chapter Twenty-Eight: Is It Hot In Here Or Is Dalton So Hot...And Sweet...

"Charlie," It came out in a small shrill. He was pulling into the parking lot of a music recording building with a very familiar name on the side of the building. In the parking lot I easily spotted Dalton's truck near the front and Charlie pulled his truck over next to Dalton's truck. My heart pounded with happiness because I was able to see my boyfriend.

               "Surprise," He chuckled noticing that I was almost jumping out of my seat.

               "I knew that Dalton was involved!" I giggled thrilled.

               "Of course he was Darling. He feels bad that you guys haven't been hanging out. So I thought it would be interesting to bring you down here."

               "Wait, he doesn't know I'm here?"

               "Nope," He chuckled while getting out of the truck. I followed behind him as we went into the building. I noticed a lady in her late twenties at a desk taking phone calls and doing paper work. She was fashionable in a simple way. She wore a professional outfit of black pants and a blue dress shirt. Her hair was up in a bun and away from her face as she did work. She sent a quick wave to Charlie. "Afternoon Denise."

               "Afternoon Charlie," She covered the bottom part of the phone. "Dalton's in recording room one." She seemed very nice and not like the type of person I would expect. People would expect someone mean and serious but she was more relaxed and friendlier.

               "You always know what I'm going to ask," Charlie gave her a wink before motioning over to me. "This is Cherry."

               "Oh, so you're the secret girl Dalton's with? I thought so when I saw you two walk through the door. My name's Denise if you didn't hear this idiot." She smiled while holding out a hand for me to shake. I shook her hand a little shocked.

               "You know?"

               "Of course, I am family."

               "Denise is Dalton Senior's niece."

               "I'm literally De-nise to that man," I got her corny joke and laughed. "No, but Dalton, my cousin not my uncle, told me all about you. It was interesting to hear about you and your life. I couldn't wait to meet you."

               "She's one of the few who actually know about you and she's keeping her lips sealed," Charlie gave her a warning look and she rolled her eyes at him.

               "Thank you," I smiled. I don't want to be known.

               "No problem. If I was in your shoes I would want to same thing. Alright go away, I got a lot of things to do. It was great to meet you Cherry." We waved good-bye and I followed Charlie through a pair of double doors. The hallway was simple with brown carpeting and cream colored walls. I noticed pictures hung everywhere of unknown people to me. Though a few were pictures of Dalton. We headed down to the end and finally stopped at the last door on the right. You could hear something going on behind the doors before Charlie opened it. I walked into a darkish room. The floor was black and the walls were red. There was a huge sound board against one wall under a big window. Computers sat on top along with some TVs on the wall above the window. Across the room were couches, a coffee table, and a fridge. There were records lining the walls, all of them with Dalton's name on them, and I could see several awards sitting in a simple trophy cabinet underneath the records on the wall.

               Dalton's father sat in front of the sound board in a desk chair looking into the window. He didn't notice us yet and then my ears seem to register what the noise was. Walking deeper into the room, I looked through the window to see Dalton singing into a mic. He wore headphones and his eyes were closed as he sung a lovely slow song. His deep voice made shivers run up my spine at the sound and tingles ran through my body. Charlie tapped Dalton's father's shoulder and he finally noticed us. He seemed happy to see us and clicked a button that stopped the music.