Chapter 36 The Shape Shifter, Amelia

Start from the beginning

"Leave the girl alone. First alcohol in her system and all. What to do." Amelia answered on her behalf raising her brows to D.

"I'm not talking to you bitch!" D furiously answered attempting to break away from Rufus hold.

"SILENCE!" Mistress Vulca suddenly commanded.

"Very sharp Vulca! I didn't expect anything less from the famous prodigy of the king!" A loud shrilling voice boomed up the mountain.

"An ambush! Prepare yourselves!" Mistress Vulca's warning put all of them on alert mode. Marcus and Amelia clashed to each other as they both sprinted in a protective stance in front of Venus. Rufus and Agnus on Vee's both sides while Daphne at her back.

"Well, well, well... Look who's the cat dragged in. The most feared shifter," the shrill voice continued as it drew nearer forming a silhouette of a woman.

"Show yourself, Cassia!" Mistress Vulca shouted throwing a red ball flame in the silhouette's direction.

"I'm not wasting my precious time on lowlifes such as you!" Her sinister laugh echoed through the mountain as it slowly dissipated. A group of five bulky sorcerers replaced her surrounding all of them, all clad in black clothing from their tight fitting tee shirts, pants and sneakers.

Mistress Vulca shot five red ball flames towards the direction of the sorcerers but they all evaded with ease making their attack swiftly and precise towards the direction of Venus.

"PARSIS STATIM!" The middle man recited a spell towards Mistress Venus direction which made her stood motionless like a statue.

"We may not be able to drain you from these cloak of yours but you are still vulnerable towards our spell as long as you have skin exposed no matter how small it is. Stupid Phoenicians," his raspy voice spat on them.

The first sorcerer collided with Rufus on the right side. They rolled on the land landing blow by blow of punches to each other.
Crack! The sorcerer held his broken bloody nose that Rufus landed a sucker punch on just as he was about to recite a spell. Without giving the sorcerer time to regain his momentum, Rufus then shot at him a red flame dagger right through his heart. He burned from inside out. Causing his skin to turn into dark burnt color then dissipated into ash mixing into the air.

On the other hand, the sorcerer who collided with Agnus was able to utter a spell at him causing him to be in a hynosis state wherein he was fighting an unseen foe.

The other two sorcerers launch themselves simultaneously towards the direction of Marcus, Amelia, Venus and Daphne.
"SUSPES ARUM TANTUS" They recited upon contact towards Marcus who was launched 20 feet suspended into the air while each tackled Amelia and Daphne reciting, "VUTUS VUS VUNUM," a vine-like rope crawled out of the soil tying up their whole body.

"Roaarr," a loud growl came out of Amelia's mouth as she transformed into a ten feet siberian white tiger but the spellbound vines were stronger as it expanded like rubber and continued faster around the tiger's body constricting more like a snake as she did used all her strength resisting it. Within only few minutes of resistance, she then transformed back to her human form defeated, fully drained.

The sorcerers attack was synchronized and simultaneous.

"FRUS PARTUM," with a flick of wrist, Rufus plummeted at a great speed towards a big tree five feet away from them. His collision made the tree fall down uprooted making him topple over it passed out, a cracked bone sound echoed.

What was left was their main target.. Her slightly shaking body was in a defence stance as she produced a ball of yellow fire.

"Princess, we mean no harm to you but whether you come willingly or not, we will take you with us. No one is left to defend you." The man in the middle bowed to her.

"Don't you dare come near me!" She yelled as she throw her flame towards him lamely.
Shit! Where is my stupid bow and arrow when I need them!

"Your highness, please come with us peacefully or else that guy up there will meet the ground in seconds, crushed." The man said in a menacing tone pointing at floating Marcus.

"Then these two... the vines will cut them into smaller pieces." He narrated his threat this time pointing to struggling Amelia and Daphne.

Think Venus think!

"That one... well, we better leave him here fighting trees or anyone until he dies." He pointed to Agnus letting out a sinister laugh.

Use us Venus, something spoke inside her mind.

Pull? She asked mentally

"Listen.. Here's the plan..." the voice in her subconscious answered which made her smile like crazy as she listened to it.

"And your mistress... What are you smiling at?" The sorcerer stopped at his speech as he noticed the creepy smile Venus had on.

"Nothing.. While your busy narrating your threats verbally. Well, I was busy also discussing with my head about your demise. And our little talk was done ahead of your stupid, empty monologue." She casually told him.

"Have she gone mental?" He asked his companions dumbfounded.

"On the other hand.. No!" Vee answered as she raised her right hand upwards fingers apart, palm facing forward.

Let there be pull!

She staggered to remain standing as the overwhelming tingling to pricking sensation engulfed her upper body. Five blue cord-like light flowed out of her fingers in a speed of light. Four landed on the chests of the sorcerers causing their whole body to glow like fluorescent then blowed up into thousands of tiny pixie dust-like, glowing particles. The last one floated towards Marcus and eased him back down the ground.

The vines disappeared, mistress Vulca was able to move again and Agnus came out of his hypnosis as soon as the sorcerers dispersed.

"Ruuffus!" Daphne exclaimed sobbing as soon as the vine shutting her up was gone. She ran to his side crying hysterically cradling his motionless body.

This distracted all of them and didn't noticed the upcoming black mists, stealthily approached Venus from behind.

"Venus, watch out!" Mistress Vulca screamed.

It all happened in a blur.

Next thing they saw was Amelia shoving herself in the middle before the hand like mist reach Venus. It sucked the life out of the shifter, her limp body fell to the ground with a loud thud as the mist dissipated leaving a shrill laugh behind.

"AMEELLIIA!!" Venus screamed in terror....