Five ~ Unexpected Visitor

HUMAN REALM

Venus was up very early in the morning. She was wearing a simple white strapless dress that reached her ankles. It may be considered as a plain get-up for other girls her age, but for Venus, it was special. It was one of her few special dresses that she had prepared for that very significant occasion-her eighteenth birthday.

Time flew by so fast.

Six long years had passed since her mom died; since she was able to run away from the horrible village that tried to kill her. Although she knew that they were right in accusing her of possessing magic, but still. She believed that they didn't have the right to sentence her to death. She might be a witch as they said, but she was certain of one thing: she wasn't wicked.

After her initial shock from six years ago, she was able to pull herself together and used the crops for barter as she had planned. Luckily, Venus was able to hitchhike a ride from a kind woman and together they travelled for four hours towards another city.

From then onwards, she resumed the lifestyle that she and her mom did, a gipsy lifestyle. Venus was currently on her sixth city and soon enough she was planning to move on again. She maybe hadn't found out the reason why her mom was so keen on hopping from one place to another but after she learned that she wasn't an ordinary human, she realized that her mom was protecting her. The question was either from who or from what? Whatever it was, she felt safer that way. And for the lack of a better word, Vee never felt alone when she travelled. It was as if that her mom was always beside her. Unlike her mom though, she didn't need a job to survive. She used her powers to create crops and rare flowers in pots inside her own apartment and sold them. It was better for her that way. Selling vegetables, fruits, and flower bouquets was never outdated no matter how urbanized a city had become.

Vee was aware of the technologies being marketed but somehow she didn't feel the need for one, especially cell phones. It would only remind her how truly alone she was. She had nobody to call. She didn't even buy a television or anything that needed electricity to function. Keeping her things light and simple was more ideal since she was always on the go. Besides, having more than one luggage on buses caused too much trouble.

A few years ago, she met a young woman from the village and she told her that her mom's body was never recovered from the crash site.

She had been wondering if there was a slight possibility that her mom was alive. Venus's face turned sombre as she remembered her memories with her. She felt like there was a stone inside her chest as her sorrow prevailed. Her eyes watered as an image of her smiling mom crossed her mind-the warm and sweet smile she gave her as she drove away from their garage and waving goodbye to her. She recalled not waving back, not knowing it was her mom's last wave goodbye. The pain she felt brought all the wounds of the past like it only happened yesterday. It always brought her so much sorrow that she often chooses not to reminisce. She preferred not to think of about it as the pain never subsided each time she tried, but not pondering over it wasn't the same as forgetting. Because no matter what happened and no matter how many years had passed...

Vee may stop thinking about it, but she would never forget.

Enough thinking! She silently reprimanded herself.

What if she had magic too? If she did, how come she didn't come to find me? Maybe she had amnesia? If she's really dead, then who took her body? What about the dad I never met? Her mind was continuously flooded with too many questions that had no answers.