Twelve ~ Finding Venus

PHOENICIAN ACADEMY
DINING CHAMBER

(A few hours earlier, after Venus disappeared.)

"Veenuuus, we have to find her!" Daphne was hysterically wailing like a banshee.

Even though she just met her, the siren cared for her like a sister already. She couldn't understand what was about Vee that made her so attached, and she feels like she'd known her for a long time. Just thinking about losing her only friend-after a very long time that she couldn't find herself to trust anyone else-was like watching her heart being ripped out of her chest.

"Daphne! Calm yourself down, you are affecting the people here!" Rufus rushed to her side, kneeling beside her. He made soft circles on her back trying to calm her down. She was carelessly sprawled out on the floor in a pool of tears.

She looked around to find that almost all of the subordinates including females and a few of the lower level masters, stood still in a dazed-like trance. Except for a black-haired, red-eyed vampire, Agnus and higher level masters.

She sighed and released her hold on them. "I'm sorry..." Choking another sob, she turned to Rufus and clutched his clothes pulling him closer to her. "We have to find her, Fufu. She's my only friend," she softly murmured, using her endearment to him ever since they were younger.

"We will, Princess... We will." Rufus scooped her up without effort. Turning towards Lord Ronheild's direction, "Pardon us, but we would take our leave first. Princess Aqua needs to rest," he bowed and headed for the doors after the headmaster answered him with a nod.

"Please settle yourselves," Lord Ronheild calmly instructed right after the doors closed behind Rufus retreating back. He faced the rest of the subordinates and gave his orders, "Proceed in eating your dinner then retire to your chambers afterwards. You will all have to start orientation tomorrow," he paused then turned to face the masters and mistresses, "Follow me to my office chamber at once." Trotting towards the door in a haste, the rest followed him in total silence.

The Office Chamber was the size of a big auditorium that looked like a normal classroom; painted in off-white colour with three golden, horizontal stripes around the middle of walls which was about five inches wide each. It looked so simple yet elegant at the same time with its big crystal chandelier hanged in the middle of the room. There was a big brown mahogany desk was adjacent to the door upon entering, and smaller tables that were scattered and arranged in rows facing the said mahogany desk.

"I now commence the beginning of our meeting. Anyone who has an opinion regarding this matter, state your case now," Lord Ronheild's voice echoed as each of the masters and mistresses settled in their allocated table.

"It is impossible for her to disappear just like that without using fire! Only Witzardians can do that. We all know why Witches and Wizards are not pulled to Phoenicia since the beginning!" Master Balto blurted out his opinion followed by murmurs from the rest of them.

"Half of me agrees with Master Balto, but another half of me also hopes for another explanation on this. We cannot just jump to conclusions for the girl was chosen by the pull." Mistress Vulca voiced out her opinion with uncertainty.

"If that girl is a witch then she is cursed! Milord, if I may ask, how is the investigation going regarding the girl's heritage and genealogy? Is there any news about her family, mother or father perhaps?" Master Xerxis asked but it sounded more like a demand.