T w e l v e

"I think so?" I replied to their, awfully disturbing, question.

Their smiles curve wider as they hear it. "That's good news." Tara cheered as I close the bedroom door.

Lexie, and Tara are sitting on my bed as Mia is sitting on the white chair by the corner of my room. I take a seat by Tara, and sigh.

I'm going to Gabriel's house for dinner. No matter how many times I think about it, I'd still be going. I don't have to, but I told Gabriel I would. Now, why would I say something like that?

"You're going to Gabriel's house?!" They exclaim, and all stand up.

I said that aloud, whoops? "Yeah." I'm a little cautious about how much they heard, or if that's all.

"Oh my God! What are you doing? You have to pick an outfit!" Lexie started to cheer, and clap her hands.

"I could wear any-" Lexie cuts me off.

"You need to wear something extraordinary. Something pleasing because your meeting his parents."

"I agree, I think that would be a good impression," Tara nods. "What do you think, Mia?"

Mia sighs. "She should wear what she wants. They'll like her for who she is. Don't make a big fuss of this, mates."

I mouth a 'thank you' to Mia, and she nods- smiling. I'd like to think that Mia understands me better than Tara, and Lexie. But what would I know? They're the first friends I've had since first grade.

My friends left around six O'two, leaving me to get ready. I chose a burgundy short sleeved shirt, black skirt, black tights, ankle high boots, and to finish it off, a grey cardigan.

I hopped on the railing of the staircase, and slid down

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I hopped on the railing of the staircase, and slid down. I hadn't done that since I was twelve.

Vincent greets me with this "I-don't-want-you-to-leave" kind of look. And that's exactly it, he doesn't want me to.

"Do you want me to drive you there? Uh, do you even want to go? You can stay home."

"It's across the street, and yes. I do want to go." I hop off the railing, and stand up.

"Don't you think your outfit is a little too much? Why don't you go out on some sweatpants, and a turtleneck?"

"No, I'm leaving. Tell dad I said bye. And don't worry, I have my pills in my pocket, just in case." I say, as I close the front door once I'm out.

Spring Lies (On Hold) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें