N i n e

I decide to walk to school this morning, instead of taking a ride. It wasn't cold, windy, or anything. Today was warmer, going to about sixty-four degrees instead of the fifties.

Cars speed by, blowing my hair in and out of my face. I'm just a few minutes away from school when a pink convertible stops by me. I turn to see who's driving it, and it's Stephanie. Of course her car is pink.

"Hey, Blake!" She cheers behind sunglasses. It's barely even sunny, why would she wear sunglasses?

"Uh, hi?" I furrow my eyebrows at her.

"Well, aren't you going to hop in?"

"No?"

"Aw, come on! You don't need to tire yourself."

I sigh, and open the door because I know she's going to keep asking if I don't. Closing it behind me, she begins to speed off. We're there in a matter of two minutes.

I'm about to open the door, and leave when Stephanie frowns and speaks. "I know you've been hanging out with Gabriel. I saw you two go in his house, I saw you two from his window even! Didn't I tell you he's mine? I bet you two even had sex!" She yells, anger filling inside her.

"Okay, so what? He even said you two weren't together! And no, we didn't have sex, Stephanie!" I yell back.

Some people gather around to watch us. Whispers going on through the crowd.

"He's off-limits! Did the little virgin think she'd get with the popular boy?"

"I don't even like him like that! If you like him so much go ask him out yourself, and don't make up lies. Or are you just scared he'll turn you down for being too much of an annoying slut?" I spat at her, opening the car door and leaving her speechless.

I smile as I walk inside because I humiliated her in front of a lot of people.

I smile gets wider when I see Gabriel gathering his things from his locker. I run up to him, and wrap my arms around his waist- I only reach up to his mid-forearm, I'm so short compared to him.

Gabriel turns to hug me back. "Why are you in such a cheerful mood?" He asks.

"Oh nothing. Just something with Stephanie in the parking lot." I say, pulling back from his reach.

"Can I know that something?"

"She just saw us go to your house, and was mad. She thinks I'm not good enough for you. So I just told her that we didn't do anything. If she likes you so badly, she shouldn't lie, she should just ask you out.. And that she's an annoying slut." I mumble the last part, dearly hoping he didn't hear it.

"You told her that?" He half smiles.

"Uh yes?"

Suddenly, I was against his locker and our bodies were close. From the corner of my eye, I see Stephanie about to walk over to us.

"She's coming towards us," Gabriel smirks. "Ready to prove her wrong, and jealous?"

"What do you m-" I was cut off when Gabriel clashed our lips together. My eyes widened at his movement, but I slowly half-closed them, knowing he won't stop right now.

About three seconds later, Gabriel pulled apart. A wild smile appeared on his face but left once he saw my face. "What's wrong?" He placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Y-you kissed me." I stammered.

"Shit," he whispered. "I forgot that was your first kiss. I'm so sorry, Blake." Gabriel lifted his hand off, and ran both his hands through his hair.

I could feel my face heating up. I scowled at him, and walked to my locker to gather my things.

Stupid, stupid boy. But, was it really bad that I kind of enjoyed it?

Mr. Lancaster began teaching us about chemistry. Chemical reactions aren't that interesting but neither was I.

I turned my gaze to Gabriel, who was writing notes, furiously. So annoying. He turned, and our gazes met.

I scowled again, and wrote notes from off the board. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I was greeted with ocean blue eyes.

"You're ignoring him after you two were snogging by the lockers. Not much girls do that. Why are you, mate?" Her British accent whispered over to me.

"Uh, what?" I whispered back. I wasn't sure of her slang.

Lexie moved her desk up a bit, quietly. "She means kissing. Mia's from England, if you couldn't tell."

"Gabriel has kissed every girl in this school, mate, you aware of that?"

"Mia!" Lexie whisper yelled.

"I'm-I know that. Every girl wants him, I know." I whispered, removing a strand of hair from my face.

"Do you know why?" I shook my head. "I'll tell y'a after class."

All three of us continued writing our notes until the bell rang for lunch. "Class dismissed. Matthews, after class." Gabriel stayed sat, while I walked out of the class with Mia and Lexie.

"Why does every girl want him?" I asked, walking in the hallway.

"He's amazing at sex!" Mia smiled as she cheered out the words. "He's had sex with tons of these girls, all said it was amazing. That's not the only reason. He's good looking, smart, popular, and he could make a girl weak in the knees with just a wink."

"I'm not attracted to him." I said.

They both stopped walking. "How aren't you?!" Lexie called out.

I turned around to face them. "I don't like anyone. Honestly, he's my first 'friend.' I didn't know it was going to end up like this."

They gave each other looks, and faced back to me after. "We'll be your friends." They smiled in unison.

"Alright?" I smiled, half heartedly, back. When we turned around to walk to lunch, Tara was standing there with a straight face.

"I'm sorry I didn't make it to the tutoring session. My grandmother got sick, and I had to go over. She wasn't actually sick, she just wanted to go shopping with me. That's why I was absent yesterday, too." She gave a smile. "And I'd like to be your friend, too, if you don't mind since you rejected the first time."

Mia and Lexie sighed at Tara. Weren't they friends? "It's okay, and yes." I smiled back.

Her smile grew, and she pulled me into a hug.

From the side, I could see Stephanie glaring at me but I don't care. I glared back at her, and her eyes widened a bit.

High school is going to end in about three months, so why not start giving glares again?