E i g h t

BLAKE

Gabriel smiled the whole drive to the place he mentioned. He kept taking glances towards me, and such things.

He really thinks we're actually friends. I'm just curious, though I sound like such a mean person than I truly am.

We're just hanging out, that's all.

"We're here," Gabriel announced as he shifted the car into park. We were parked outside of a the restaurant Melt. I've been here before with my mom when I was six.

I winced slightly at the place, I didn't want to be reminded of my loss. Though, Gabriel probably already knew. It was probably a coincidence.

When I got out the car, I was hit with cold air. Who knew Spring could drop into the fifties?

"Yeah, uh-" I was cut off by Gabriel placing his index finger on my lips.

"Hush, sunshine." He cooed.

I furrowed my eyebrows towards him, not because I was mad but because I was confused with his touch. It meant nothing, really.

"You're so weird."

"I could say the same thing about you, beautiful." He held my hand, and we both intertwined or fingers. He smiled down at me, happy that I linked our hands. We walked across from the parking lot to the restaurant.

Oh, did I mention Gabriel is around 6'2"?

"That was fun," Gabriel smiled as we walked back to his car.

It was, especially for the first time in so long. "Yeah, thanks." I turned my head towards him while I walked.

He turned his head, too. "You're welcome, princess."

"What's up with you and nicknames?" I asked.

"I think you deserve them." He replies with a wide, toothy grin.

We arrive at his car, and he starts to drive after we buckle up our seat belts. The road was somewhat clear from cars.

I relaxed into the seat as we drove back to his house.

Fortunately, Vincent texted me about an hour ago saying he and dad were leaving to our Aunt Sheryl's house. What a coincidence that Gabriel got a text from his mom saying she and his sister left to Maggie's college half an hour ago.

Absolutely weird.

Gabriel pulled into his driveway, and shifted the stick into park. "Do you want to come inside?"

It's still pretty early, by early I mean it's nine O'two. I looked at him like he was crazy for suggesting it. "Sure, I guess."

We both opened the door and closed them after. Gabriel locked the car, and got his house key out. We walked up the staircase up to the door, then he unlocked the door.

"Your house is amazing." I said, looking around.

His house was. The two love-seat couches were velvet, a glass coffee table, a flatscreen, and a white rug in the living room. By the way, the entrance and living room is a connected room.